+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I can't think of anything that would mean extended time off other than compulsory exclusion when they are well enough to be outside from sun up to sun down, and while she cannot tell me why she is home other than "sick" I see no reason for her to be here. I've had to keep my child from playing in her own yard because no amount of talking can keep the kid out of our yard. By all means outside, but off visiting?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD has been off all week with influenza. She slept all of Monday & Tuesday (fever, vomiting, lethargy) but felt mostly better Wednesday but still had a cough and snot for miles. She spent some time outside yesterday, and came in and rested when she needed to. Today she has been outside most of the day, and I'm keeping her home tomorrow too (10 kids out of 20 in her class are away!!) as its obviously contagious.

She is happy enough running and playing outside but I haven't let her play with the neighbours!! Could you go over and ask your neighbour if her DD is contagious and could she tell her to stop her child coming over?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If dd is sick she's gets the day off to rest and get better usually spent laying in bed sleeping and watching DVDs. I don't get dd to do work when she is sick. She hasn't pulled a sickie on me yet though lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The mother has barely been home and when she is home she is angry and yelling at kids, dogs, whoever she is on the phone to, slamming doors (her usual behaviour) so I choose not to put myself in the middle of it. Easier to tell her kid to leave our yard or keep mine inside. Was curious about it, wanted to see how common it was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    DS had 3 days off last week as we were both sick but he was still outside playing. I believe the fresh air and just being outside helps with recovery. I know i felt better going outside than being cooped up inside all day.

He generally doesnt have days off just because though.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    If they're staying home sick they stay in bed with books or snuggle on the couch watching tv. It's boring apparently so if they ask to stay home I know they must be feeling pretty bad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not of much helpa s DS is only 2 but my mums favourite saying when we were at school was: "If your sick, you'll sleep".... chuckin a 'sickie' was never fun when you had to stay in bed so rarely happened lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If you are sick enough to stay home you are sick enough to stay in bed. That's the rule in my house. And unless you are running a temp or have obvious signs of illness then you go to school.

The only exception is when DD1 had chicken pox. She wasn't ill at all, just contagious so she was obviously kept home but was able to play and didn't have to stay in bed (and was kept away from other people).

But yes. In my house if you stay home from school you do not move off your bed. If you are well enough to do so then you go to school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post
    DS had 3 days off last week as we were both sick but he was still outside playing. I believe the fresh air and just being outside helps with recovery. I know i felt better going outside than being cooped up inside all day.

He generally doesnt have days off just because though.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub
    I feel the same, my kids will stay in bed or on the couch if their sick but if they pick up a little I will send them outside for a while for some fresh air

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We dont punish for being sick in our house, and have no hard fast rules as all illness is differnt, I also dont explain to neighbours why my daughter is of school and what she is sick with, sure if they are conserned friends then yes but if they are just nosey neighbours that are then going to talk about it on a forum i defo would NOT be telling them.

There are lots of reasons for having time of school and not all illness is seen from the out side, for instance if DD has been in hospital when she comes home she has as many days as she needs to be able to be up and around then i give her a day or two of normal activety to make sure she is up to that for school. So on them days yes if not contagious she will be out side for a morning play and playing at home the rest like usual. ABA, PT, ST, and OT is done on any day sick or not sick so she would do that anyway. If she can open her eyes she can do some of her therapy thats the way we see it lol.

She will also have days of school if she is on more regular BSLs than four hourly and will go back when she dont need them so often, if she is on IV ABs at home she will stay home the hole time because of the cannula ( apart from when she had her permenant line she went to school with that ) if she is on enteral Abs and its effecting her gut she will stay home, if she has a seizure in the morning she will stay home ( unless a tinny nothing one ) or if she has a bad hypo over night or in the am then she will also stay home, or when changing seizure meds she will stay home until we know how she is coping with it.

So yer she will have days of where some nosey neighbour may stick there head over and wonder why she is home but it could be a number of reasons, yes she has a lot of time of school but no more than needed.

You cant see someone sittuation just by looking at them there may be a number of reasons he is home from school

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nowhere For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (26-07-2012),mamasurfs  (26-07-2012),MummyHas3boys  (26-07-2012),PomPoms  (26-07-2012),RobinSparkles  (27-07-2012),saxonrose  (26-07-2012),waterlily  (26-07-2012)