+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I currently 33 weeks with my "deliberately accidental” boy .

DP has been keen for ages to start a family but I’m the biggest commitment-phobe. I’d “sort of” committed to really trying next year, but nature and this little fella had a different idea.

Glad it happened this way, I’m still not sure if I ever would have been able to commit to actively trying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Me too. I want another but can't actually admit we are trying. I've just gone off the pill and going for an if it happens it happens approach. Some weeks I think we should wait others I'm dead keen to get down to business, literally lol.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default The "yes, no, yes , no" ttc thread (for confused people who wnat a baby 'oops')

OMG this is me!! I have been going through having a baby in my head for almost 2 years and it is driving me crazy!! I think we are definately going to start TTC next cycle which will be the beginning of October eeeek!
    But I'm still scared & dont know if I'm ready, but like my partner says you are never ready.
    I am the worst for making decisions.
    Glad I'm not alone.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default The "yes, no, yes , no" ttc thread (for confused people who wnat a baby 'oops')

I love this thread I thought I was the only one who kept changing there mind as I read the other threads and everyone is so sure and doing everything the books etc tell them to conceive somedays I'm like yep I cannot wait to be a mother and then I say oh maybe I should wait until I loose more weight so I won't get too big, or I should wait until after my friends wedding in October. Eeek it's exciting and scary all at the same time, but at the end of the day I want to be a mother and I know life will change but I'm thinking it will be a change for the good So I came off the pill last month and now DH and I are just seeing what happens... No pressure

Thanks
    Reviews

I was the same. Id be all for it then would panic and back out. Id call my bestie and ask her to talk me back in to it on a daily basis. She said that asking her to talk me back in to it shows that thats what I really want.

At the end of the day, youve got 9 months to get used to the idea!!

Thanks
    Reviews

My bestie is completely against it (well for herself) she just wants to travel at the moment and still be young! So she doesnt really help me at all.

Thanks
    Reviews

I am going to have to just do it! Otherwise I will um and ah about it for the rest of my life then it will be too late. My biggest thing is that its not going to be just me and my partner anymore, can we still be silly biggers and act immature?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by withlovesiobhan View Post
    I am going to have to just do it! Otherwise I will um and ah about it for the rest of my life then it will be too late. My biggest thing is that its not going to be just me and my partner anymore, can we still be silly biggers and act immature?!
    I feel the same way DH has worked every weekend for the past 8 years and FINALLY has weekends off ( so we get to do normal couple stuff) I'm enjoying it being just us. We are now waiting until feb now though lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Of course you can!! You also get to be immature with your little one...so theres lots of time to be silly!!

I youre thinking about it, chances are its actually what you want...deep down. Otherwise you'd just be saying No!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OMG! This is so me!

My DS is currently 18mnths old.... I have been clucky since he was 4mnths old!!
    I have held off till now, and was happy with it, but now that its possibly only 3wks away from when we'd agreed, im FREAKING OUT!

SO many questions/thoughts!!

How will DS accept the change?
    will he understand being so young?
    Should we wait until he will understand if we describe it?
    I really should just enjoy the 1 on 1 time, he's only small once.
    We should keep them close together in age, they would be better friends.
    He would love a sibling, he LOVES other kids
    DS still wakes overnight & sleeps with us each night, wait till he sleeps through
    How would i handle a spirited toddler with morning sickness or a new bub?
    I have a few health issues, which if arent monitored could cause defects....
    How would i cope with DS, if i had another MC?? (my 1 before DS hit me hard)
    There were some complications (with me) at DS's birth, what would happen to DS and new bub?

It goes on and on... I convince myself yes we will TTC! and then find the wait to TTC too long, then get thinking, and talk myself out of it.... One viscious cycle that goes around and around!