+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default The "yes, no, yes , no" ttc thread (for confused people who wnat a baby 'oops')

So I am one of those irritating people who has a hard time making decisions and would prefer to just have a baby 'oops'. I am a horrible decision maker when it comes to life decisions like relationships and kids (I will ALWAYS know what I want when it's food related though). It took me 2 years into my relationship with my lovely DP to decide that I actually wanted to be in a relationship to begin with (it's now been almost 7 years since we got together) and I am glad I didn't wuss out of that one!
    Anywho my ttc approach has been...chaotic, while DP is away at work during the day I'm all excited and start planning, then when it gets to the whole DTD I chicken out.

He has gone away for work for a month now I asked him (jokingly) to leave a vial with me in the freezer in case I suddenly had a moment of courage lol.
    I know that I won't regret having another bub, I am just a commitment phobe and it's the actual process that has me freaked out (not the sex part, just the decision making part).
    I hope that nature decides for me before I totally chicken out!
    (P.S I take a Preggo test in a few days)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You sound like me one moment I'm really ready and excited, next I'm terrified as I know our lives will never be the same again ( this will be our first)
    DH is ready it's me who is scared.
    We are biting the bullet and trying from October at the end of the day we want a family, and we aren't getting any younger

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same. Excited, scared, ready, not ready. But definitely not getting any younger and don't have the luxury of waiting until I feel 100% ready ready ready! Not sure that would ever happen anyway

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    *waves*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep another one here. I would love another baby, but then over think things like money, age gap, coping with 2 kids etc. some days I really want to start TTC #2 but then others days I think I am happier with 1. Number 1 was an oops baby so I'm hoping that number 2 will be another welcomed surprise because if it came down to a yes/no decision I'm sure I would chicken out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Sometimes I think I want another baby then DH says "okay let's do it" and I run away sacred!! Lol

He is busting to start TTC and I am just plan scared.

DD is 3, fully day and night TT, we have SO much independence now! We can easily go out to dinner or on a holiday. No Nappies, no sleepless nights, all is easy and blissful. I don't want to add chaos back into our lives!!

Becks23 is offline thank you for a house full of people I love. Amen
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Me too one minute I'm all happy to ttc then I think nah don't want to then yes then no but we probably will I'm just scared lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    Sometimes I think I want another baby then DH says "okay let's do it" and I run away sacred!! Lol

He is busting to start TTC and I am just plan scared.

DD is 3, fully day and night TT, we have SO much independence now! We can easily go out to dinner or on a holiday. No Nappies, no sleepless nights, all is easy and blissful. I don't want to add chaos back into our lives!!
    Yep.

Even on bad days it's nothing compared to going back to babyhood.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm desperate to start TTC but we had a battle as to when to do it due to money, job situation and grad program, house situation, stress levels, etc. But with the urges getting stronger and stronger I don't think it will be a hard decision now. I think an oops baby would be lovely though because then the whole TTC experience was relaxed and as you say, the decision is out of your hands about when to start.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our first was a real oops baby, and for all the others I couldn't make a definite decision! So I let DP decide. We didn't actively try to concieve but also didn't prevent it. We now have 4 children I have finally made a definite decision that 4 is enough! But then every now and then I think one more would be nice. But I agree with a PP that the youngest is finally pretty independant I don't want to go back to nappies and sleepless nights!