+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD is 9.5 months an has maybe done the medical definition of sleeping through (5 hours) maybe 5 times? Otherwise she wakes through the night.

Don't stress. I figure they'll sleep through when ready.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is 10 months and still wakes as least once per night. He has slept through maybe 4-5 times in the last 10 months. I also found that lots of people say that their bubs sleep through but when you actually ask more you get responses like "but I do a dream feed at 11" or "but I still have to get up and put his dummy back in 3 times a night". I don't understand why there is so much competition to get a small baby to sleep through. I actually enjoy the quiet time with my baby snuggled in my arms, as its the only time he is still all day (well the first time I have to get up anyway, the 5am wake up call is always a struggle). It can feel lonely staring into the dark at 3am, but you are definitely not alone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You're not alone! DD (10.5mths) has only just started to sleep through on the odd occasion. Otherwise she wakes for a feed/resettle maybe 1-2 times a night. More if she is unwell.
    It is a PITA when it seems like everyone is going on about their perfect sleeper & you get OMG your bub STILL doesn't sleep through??!!!
    Am sure this mystical 'sleeping through' will eventually happen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    You are most definitely not alone! DS is eight months and although he first slept through (9-6) at 8 weeks, he only does it every so often, and it's not a regular thing. At the moment he is in bed at 7.30, usually up again at 10.30, and then 3-4ish and up again at 7.

It's hard because I really did expect that by 6 months he'd be 7-7 but after talking to the girls at my mother's group and my DIG on the hub, it's very normal for babies to continue waking at night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS slept for a 6 hour block at night from 3 months till 5 months. Now he's going to sleep at about 7.30-8 and waking at 9.30 and wont go back to sleep until we do, usually around 11. He then wakes at 1.30 and 4.30 for a feed sometimes waking at 6 when his dad gets up to get ready for work. But then will sleep until 9.30 or 10.30. I don't get it I don't know what was different before. And nothing we have tried has worked to get him to sleep for the 6 hours again.
    I also don't want to let him cry it out we tried one day and it broke my heart I was in tears as well I couldn't handle it so it didn't last. So your not alone and I feel your pain. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My 2.5yo doesn't sleep through consistently, let alone my 4.5mo!

All totally normal

*I can haz typos*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh thank God!!! Not for all of us tired mummies, but knowing that Im not alone!

So the moral of the story is, don't listen to others and do what's best or your child!!

Good luck mummies. Thinking of you all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD is 6mths and I sympathise with you all. She reluctantly goes to bed at 7/7:30 then up about 10:30 then resettle at 1 or 2 then wakes anywhere betweem 3 - 5 for another feed then up 6:30/7:30. I too have been talking to mothers who say "Oh doesn't she sleep through, mine slept at 4 weeks". It is hard not to feel bad and sometimes i feel like I am doing something wrong, but she is a happy girl, just very social and nosey.... like her mum!

Thanks
    Reviews
    my DS is 26 months and he has only slept through 3 nights. and by sleeping through i mean he has still woken up a few times but settled himself without me having to go into his room.
    dd is 9 months and has never slept through. she still wakes at least 3 times a night
    i agree with previous posters - 5 months is still really young so i wouldnt worry about it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah definitely don't worry about it. Yes it's true some do from an early age, others don't. But please don't compare your child to anyone elses as they are an individual!

As a PP mentioned, some say theirs sleep through but they need to give a dream feed or resettle at night.

For example, lately DD will wake between 1 and 4 times a night for a feed (usually just the 2) but sleeps from around 7pm to 7am. Other mums in my mums group say their kids sleep through, but they are putting them down to bed at 10 or 11 and they wake up at 6. So yeah they're getting a 7 or 8 hour stretch but their babies are only getting 7 hours at night where as mine, even though waking for a feed is getting 12ish hours a night. They also have to rock them to sleep in their arms, where as my DD either self settles or only takes about 5 minutes sitting with her holding her hands down to sleep.

I know what I'd prefer!