+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sleeping through

Hi all.

Just need some reassurance on something.

My almost 5 month old (first child) has never slept through the night. Bedtime is always at 7 pm. Has been from day one. She always seems to wake at about 2, 3 or 4 am for a feed then doesnt wake until 530- 630 am.
    I dont mind waking up for her obviously but I am getting so many of my friends saying that their bubs seep through at 2 weeks, 2 months etc and it is really getting to me. It would to others too I guess

Am I all alone? Does your baby wake during the night too? I didnt thnk they slept through until 7-10 months. I am against 'crying it out' so her sleep during the day are usually 1 -1.5 hours.

Please tell me I'm not alone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My dude is 8.5 months and has slept through about 5 times so far. He's currently waking once for a feed at night and I'm stoked with that

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby_Tuesday15 For This Useful Post:

MsDinosaur  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No, you're not alone! My DD slept through occasionally as a newborn (medical definition of sleeping through that is), but regressed after 4 months and is only now improving as she approaches 10 months. Last night she slept from 7:15 to 11:00, then 11:20 to 6:00 and is still asleep at nearly 9am (in my bed from 6am )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    5 months old is really early to be sleeping through, most babies that age still wake at night
    Not to scare you but my first DD didn't sleep through until 13 months and my 2 year old still doesn't.
    You are not alone at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My daughter is 13 months and I could count the amount of times he has slept through on 2 hands. Last night she woke for 2 bottles and unless I give her a bottle she screams the house down!! I'm at my wits end on how to stop her from having a bottle (or 2) through the night but it's completely normal in their first year to wake for a bottle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My almost 4 year old slept through at about 3 months and has ever since. But not my 13 month old!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You're not alone. I'm up feeding my 4 and a half month old for the fifth time tonight. He wakes every 2 hours, and that shortens to 90 mins after about 4am.

We used to get a 5-6 hour stretch at the start of the night but that stopped when he got to 3 and a half months. I'm hanging out for 1 wake-up a night, would be luxury to sleep several hours in a block at this point!

Hang in there, all babies are different. Someone will always have it better than you, but on that same note someone will always have it worse!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd will be 3 in a few weeks and has still never slept through..... Some kids just aren't good sleepers my oldest ds slept through pretty much every night from about 6 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS didn't sleep through til 14 months.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I fed DS (8months) at 7pm last night, then again at 10pm. Tried to settle him at 1.30 and 2, but fed him again at 2.30, then at 6.30.
    I have been using settling techniques from Baby Bliss and he was making progress and the other night went 10-7 without a feed, with 2 resettles in between, but he's a little bit sick at the moment, and we've taken a step backwards!
    I can sympathise!