View Poll Results: Do you think the term "artificial milk"is inflammatory?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 28.99%
  • No

46 66.67%
  • I don't know

3 4.35%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Okay - I'll agree to that, but then as PP said, maybe we should go around talking about eating our "artificial tomato sauce" with our "artificial drink" - which none of us do, even though we all know crap food is bad for us, and causes bad health, we still don't do it. So why do it about formula, unless to get a dig in.

Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    I agree, it'd be a valid comparison for the term 'artificial feeding', feeding and birth are actions, milk is a product.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This thread is giving me a headache.
    Interestingly ive only ever heard formula referred to as 'formula' or infant formula until this thread lol.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickyBee View Post
    As someone who has a had a c-section & is facing another one, I am offended by calling it 'artificial birth.' I'll joke with friends that DS was surgically removed but I did not have a fake pregnancy, I didn't have a pretend son and no matter how he came out, I still gave birth to him. Perhaps that makes me an artificial mother?
    I had a scheduled csec and I'm
    Not offended by the term artificial birth. I'd prefer the term
    Csec, but whatever. I don't really think of it as giving birth to bub because he didn't come out my vagina. I saw it as a combined surgical effort where a heap of people helped bring bub into this world.

- just offering a different perspective, I fully understand each person may feel differently and that's ok.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

ShanandBoc  (27-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've had two c/sections. And while I'm not offended by the term artificial birth, I can see how others would be. So I would never call it that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I had a scheduled csec and I'm
    Not offended by the term artificial birth. I'd prefer the term
    Csec, but whatever. I don't really think of it as giving birth to bub because he didn't come out my vagina. I saw it as a combined surgical effort where a heap of people helped bring bub into this world.

- just offering a different perspective, I fully understand each person may feel differently and that's ok.
    Yup, it's very much each to their own. I accept that both the c-section & formula was what was best for my son, but obviously I still have some bitterness that was the way things had to go.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    nowhere - its not letting me quote sorry. But I have no idea how you got that perspective from my post. Im utterly confused. Of course children are fed things other then BM for medical reasons, I don't follow what you are saying or why. But I hope my comment didn't offend you because it wasn't even in relation to 'why' children are fed with things other then BM.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Some people formula feed for medical reasons.

C/section is not a natural procedure at all, formula is not natural either. Hardly apples and oranges - comparing apples and pears maybe.
    Im confused by your response too tbh?? Granted I didnt have much sleep last night so maybe im not making sense.

I just find the comparision ridiculous - nothign to do with medical reasons for birth sytles or feeding styles - just that they aren't comparable??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanandBoc View Post
    This thread is giving me a headache.
    Interestingly ive only ever heard formula referred to as 'formula' or infant formula until this thread lol.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    I agree!

Call it whatever you like - if you need to fill your days by micro analysing the semantics surrounding birthing and feeding to make another parent feel crap then you need to get a life. I agree with Dreadlockfairy - artifical losers!

For what it's worth my bubba was born into this world via c section. We can't wait to celebrate his BIRTHDAY! "Removed via surgical procedure day' is too long for the invites.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

SeymourTheBear  (28-07-2012),Tainted  (27-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanandBoc View Post
    This thread is giving me a headache
    Agree! my head is spinning.

But I do think it's a shame that there's such sensitivity around the formula-feeding issue and that people feel so bad about not being able to BF.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't find the term inflammatory, it is what it is! It can certainly be used in that way though and I can also see how it might affect some mothers, therefore I wouldn't use it, there is no need for me to say Artificial Breast Milk when talking about formula and it's way harder to say, way too lazy for that!