View Poll Results: Do you think the term "artificial milk"is inflammatory?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 28.99%
  • No

46 66.67%
  • I don't know

3 4.35%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What if it was referred to as "enhanced" or "fortified" milk? The way bread or cows milk with added nutrients is?
    But for us it's just called formula

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darla87 View Post
    What if it was referred to as "enhanced" or "fortified" milk? The way bread or cows milk with added nutrients is?
    But for us it's just called formula
    Seems like a valid idea, but it'll never been done as it could be misconstrued to suggest it's superior to breast milk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've never heard it said out loud. It would sound strange to me. I understand that it is artificial breastmilk, so maybe health professionals need to discuss it that way. But in a regular conversation, it seems unnecessary.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bumMum For This Useful Post:

Benji  (26-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes BlissedOut. I think it would portray it in a much more positive light but how is that any worse than a negative one?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    For those who say 'it is what it is', then why not call ALL processed foods 'artificial XYZ'?

Tomato sauce has stuff added - it's not just tomato. So... 'artificial tomato sauce'.
    I often call things fake or artiicial. As stated earlier, we have artificial milk, artificial cheese, artificial meat. We certainly do not have real meat in this house! We have burgers with artificial meat patties lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I often call things fake or artiicial. As stated earlier, we have artificial milk, artificial cheese, artificial meat. We certainly do not have real meat in this house! We have burgers with artificial meat patties lol.
    But it would be unusual for someone to refer to everything that is not wholly natural in life as 'artificial'.

"I'm going to put my artificial cow skin shoes on, and leave this artificial dwelling, and hop in to my artificial walking device, before eating an artificial tomato based artificial wheat content dinner. Yum."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (26-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Seems like a valid idea, but it'll never been done as it could be misconstrued to suggest it's superior to breast milk.
    I think it's superior compared to cows milk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    But it would be unusual for someone to refer to everything that is not wholly natural in life as 'artificial'.

"I'm going to put my artificial cow skin shoes on, and leave this artificial dwelling, and hop in to my artificial walking device, before eating an artificial tomato based artificial wheat content dinner. Yum."
    I can't wait to get into my artificial moving machine with wheels to get into my artificial dwelling and get some effing artificial pain killers.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

beebs  (26-07-2012),Guest654  (26-07-2012),share a book  (26-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I can't wait to get into my artificial moving machine with wheels to get into my artificial dwelling and get some effing artificial pain killers.
    What?! You use artificial pain killers? Instead of pressing your home grown lavender and making your own natural lavender oil to smell and naturally releive your pain? Wait.. perhaps that is also too artificial. Your body produces its own hormones to deal with pain.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bumMum For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (26-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    For those who say 'it is what it is', then why not call ALL processed foods 'artificial XYZ'?

Tomato sauce has stuff added - it's not just tomato. So... 'artificial tomato sauce'.
    I think this is a valid point which others are failing to address. it this was purely about calling a spade a spade and not deliberately using it as a jab - why don't we call a million things we consume artificial x,y,z? maybe bc that goes without saying.. and maybe bc it proves the point the term artificial milk is mostly used to annoy ffers.

I remember a few years ago there was the usual breast vs bottle threads all in a row, a number of people were using the term so a thread was starting in the ffing section, like this one, asking if they found it offensive. Lots, like today said they felt it was.... and the same people kept starting threads saying the words artificial milk about 5 times a post it was so childish lol

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

beebs  (26-07-2012),Guest654  (26-07-2012)