Closed Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    Well you originally stated what you thought were the benefits for others' children, not just your own:
    Yeah and that's what I believe?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What about those who work because they choose to, not just to make ends meet? Should they be made to feel guilty?
    Good point. I went back to work part time last week, not because I needed to but because I wanted to. For my child, myself and my family, me going back to work benefits all of us in many different ways. For some other families this may not be the case. Just because you have a child does not negate the need or want for a career if you so choose.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So you don't see the issue with stating in the working parents' section that children with working parents are worse off than those at home with their parents, and making a comment about how they are not raising their child "full-time"? Really??

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

babyla  (14-08-2012),Eko  (14-08-2012),Ellewood  (14-08-2012),Naboo  (14-08-2012),WorkingClassMum  (15-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So you don't see the issue with stating in the working parents' section that children with working parents are worse off than those at home with their parents, and making a comment about how they are not raising their child "full-time? Really??
    Not at all.

You can keep seeking to be offended by posts that aren't intended to be offensive, but that's your issue.

You might feel like child care isn't contributing to your child being raised, but I doubt they sleep the whole time they're there. I don't think it's a bad thing, you seem to have interpreted it that way.

I see 'being with your parents full time while you are being raised' as the optimal situation, I don't see child care as detrimental (in most cases) and this study says it isn't, which is great.

I accept that many people have different ideals, maybe you should too.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Kids couldn't care less about going to child-care

Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    I think any one that has a baby, then as soon as possible puts them in full time daycare to go back to work whether they need to or not has a lot to answer for.
    Ouch!

I'm glad you can live up to such lofty ideals without worrying about how you're going to feed your children.
    Bit of an inflammatory comment, given that this is the WORKING parents section :thumbdown:.

Edit to add: I realise you said you work too... That's my point. I would have thought you would be more understanding of those that don't have a choice .
    Last edited by Eko; 14-08-2012 at 14:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey on another note... am I the only one who thinks that Mem Fox should be more concerned what's happening in her own back yard before casting judgement (quotes or re-quotes) on people that she doesn't even know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Kids couldn't care less about going to child-care

Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    Ouch!

I'm glad you can live up to such lofty ideals without worrying about how you're going to feed your children.
    Bit of an inflammatory comment, given that this is the WORKING parents section :thumbdown:.

Edit to add: I realise you said you work too... That's my point. I would have thought you would be more understanding of those that don't have a choice .
    To add to this, not all pregnancies are planned. This pregnancy I am able to take more time off to be with our currently baking baby however with DS I didn't have that luxury as we weren't prepared...so I was back at work AND uni to save to buy a house so we could raise our family out of my mothers granny flat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do people really HAVE to go back to work FULL TIME from the time their babe is 6 weeks old though? I mean.. that's why we get Paid Parental Leave, Baby Bonus, FTB etc. Centrelink makes it possible for anyone to take at least 4 months off for that extremely important bonding time with their baby. I realise that as soon as those payments run out, people need to work. That's exactly why I had to go back to work when my babies were only 7 months old. But doing 5 days a week as soon as you can after your baby is born seems a bit full on to me. Each to their own though I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also, I worded my first post really badly. When I said "whether they need to or not" I was actually meaning, People who put their babes in full time care from 6 weeks of age when they don't need to at all, but just want to "need to or not" was the complete incorrect wording, it wasn't what I meant at all. Sorry about that! Obviously if you have no choice you've gotta do what you've gotta do! I apologies to anyone I offended with that one. Definitely not intentional.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Kids couldn't care less about going to child-care

Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    Do people really HAVE to go back to work FULL TIME from the time their babe is 6 weeks old though? I mean.. that's why we get Paid Parental Leave, Baby Bonus, FTB etc. Centrelink makes it possible for anyone to take at least 4 months off for that extremely important bonding time with their baby. I realise that as soon as those payments run out, people need to work. That's exactly why I had to go back to work when my babies were only 7 months old. But doing 5 days a week as soon as you can after your baby is born seems a bit full on to me. Each to their own though I guess.
    Yes. Not myself, but several good friends have had to return to work with bubs as young as four weeks. Bills to pay, other children to feed.
    I didn't deride them for it, I pitied them for having to miss out on that precious time.
    All three mothers were in tears several times a day until they got used to bring away from their bubs. They still don't like it.

My point is that we should support women in that position instead of telling them they're not good enough, or that they shouldn't have had kids.
    It was heartbreaking enough watching it. I couldn't imagine having to live it.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast