+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We have used both and they are both good. We only use the snuza now though as when DD comes into our bed only the snuza will work at monitoring her breathing, as the Angelcare pads would pick up our breathing too if it was under our mattress. The snuza is more versatile as it can be clipped on wherever bub is sleeping.

DD is 10 months and we have never had to change the battery. She's been wearing it every night since she was about 2 months old, so I think the battery life is variable. We did buy a spare but it was very cheap.

Only thing with the snuza is we do get the odd false alarm when DD rolls around in bed andit comes off the nappy. It doesn't happen often though.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rosycheeks For This Useful Post:

Taiyed  (26-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks so much for your replies! Its great to hear that you are all happy with the snuza. It has really helped me to make my mind up and DP prefers the portabitiy of the snuza - so no convincing him needed

I had better hurry up and order a snuza and a spare battery (for future replacement). Only 3 days til due date!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! I have a nannymonitor. it worked very well but we had to stop using it at about 7 months because bubs kept rolling off the sensor mat. We have 2 mats but my husband said she had to be on BOTH mats or the alarm would go off. We used it from day 1 in the bassinet and then the cot. we found that it was very sensitive - it would still show breathing even after we had taken her out of the bassinet if she was under the ceiling fan. i just saw something on the tv about a snuza which looks fantastic too. As a 1st time mum a breathing monitor is such a relief - i would wake up panicking often that she would die from sids - but I'll look at the monitor and see the green flashing light and be able to go back to sleep.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to andiepandiee For This Useful Post:

Taiyed  (31-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks got all the advice - i ordered a snuza halo yesterday as I think its a better for us. Then we can use it when out and about and when bub is staying at my sister's or grandmas house etc. They had it on the Drs on channel 10 this afternoon which I thought was good timing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Good luck, it sounds like a great monitor. I hope you got a good deal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Got a good deal on ebay - snuza halo and replacement battery for $136 and free shipping. Brand new unit too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiyed View Post
    Thanks renovatorMum! How have you found the battery life on the snuza halo? I have read some reviews saying the battery life is only around 3-4 months? Have you ever changed the battery and are you able to do it yourself? Also - does the rubber tip seem to bother the bub much? It looks like it might poke and irritate the bub.

My brother stopped breathing as a baby and i will never forget my mother screaming. Thank god there was a nurse in our shop at the time and she was able to get him breathing again. So thats why i am so paranoid and for $150 for the snuza i think its worth the investment.
    Hi! Sorry, just saw this

Glad you've gone with the snuza, I love it! Haven't had to change the battery yet, but have only been using it a couple of weeks, but thanks to others, I'll too order a replacement battery.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RenovatorMum For This Useful Post:

Taiyed  (31-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, i am expecting my first baby any day now. I would love to know if anyone has used a snuza on their baby or an angelcare monitor with an under mattress sensor pad? Specifically in a portacot?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi manihar234 - I have been using the snuza halo and totally love it. It easy to use and portable so i can have it on the bub in his cot, rocker or in the pram. It has alarmed 3 times in the past 3 weeks, twice was my fault - it had just moved off bubs tummy (nappy was not done up tight enough). The third time i dont know why it alarmed, bub was fine when i checked on him and the clip was in place. If he did stop breathing he had started again when i got to him. The peace of mind is worth the money, i can sleep knowing it will go off and i will hear it.