+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Nosy judgmental people: mind your own business!!!

Today one of the mums in my parents group sent out an email to our group, saying that while she was in sleep school with her 6 month old bub this week, an older woman visiting another patient in the hospital told her off for trying to give her (mostly breastfed) boy a bottle.

I was pretty disgusted on my friends behalf, until I get home from work to find my husband also got told off by an older lady (complete stranger) at the doctors where he was waiting with our DD (who has been sick for days with a super high temp), her words: "where is her mother!? She should be taking your baby to the doctor not you!"

WHAT?

Feeling pretty affronted... I guess it's just tapped into my insecurities and the guilt I already feel by going back to work. That said, I was up all night with DD and took yesterday off work to be with her. :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Haha yeah I got the same thing after I was in hospital for days with a sick 7 mo DS and I went home to, heaven forbid, get a change of clothes. "where IS the mother?!?!"

People need to find something to do with their time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find it astonishing that people would feel they have any business throwing their judgements or opinions at strangers like this! I mean they don't know your situation or circumstances.....and even if they did why do they think you are interested in their thoughts on your life?

Out of curiosity how did your friend and husband respond to these people?

I always wonder what I would say if ever confronted like that by a stranger.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Grrrrr! I heard that today from people who pushed by me, separating me from my children (one and three), and then had the nerve to ask where their mother was! @#$%

On a positive note, I exercised the grandest amount of self control I ever have in my life.

Sent from my Desire HD using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Who ARE these people!

My husband's response was to not say a word, got up and moved to another seat as far away from the evil witch as possible... With his back turned! He was a bit over it too, had little sleep and was worried sick for our little girl who had not eaten or drunk anything for days.

Anyway i just think DD will get well again and we will resume our happy lives, in the meantime that horrid woman will probably continue on with her unhappy, judgy wudgy existence!

Thanks
    Reviews
    wow people are nasty!! what on earth makes anyone think they have the right to share their views with perfect strangers! a friend of mine is a single dad, his wife died- image if someone said that to him :-(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KillerHeels For This Useful Post:

Benji  (26-07-2012),giggle berry  (26-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KillerHeels View Post
    wow people are nasty!! what on earth makes anyone think they have the right to share their views with perfect strangers! a friend of mine is a single dad, his wife died- image if someone said that to him :-(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    That's exactly what I was thinking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's crazy isn't it i don't get why people can't just mind their own business.

Don't worry about it they don't know the circumstance and you shouldn't feel guilty though i know as a mummy we always will. I felt so guilt going out for lunch with DD1 while DD2 was in hospital and her dad stayed with her while i went (because DD2 was infections DD1 wasn't allowed to visit her)

somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, the judgement begins at conception and lasts a lifetime! I'm pregnant with my second DS, and the number of comments I've had are astonishing. From strangers hoping I get a girl this time, to telling me how big i am (I already was!) to my personal favorite... DS was holding two toys (one for himself and one for bubba for Xmas) and an old biddy told him 'gee, you are a bit spoilt aren't you, TWO toys, you obviously won't get your discipline from your mother, hopefully your father is firmer on you!'. WTF!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    What?! I would think most people think it is sweet to see a Dad being so involved in their child's life?

Madness!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallflower For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (26-07-2012)