+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS is 2 and goes to bed between 8.30-9pm if he naps during the day, if he doesnt (rarely) he's in bed my 7.45pm.

He wakes about 7.00-8.30 depending how the night went.... He still wakes twice a night

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennos Mummy For This Useful Post:

happy86  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This thread makes me want to cry. My 2 year old does not sleep. She doesn't fall asleep until midnight most nights and is driving me insane. She also doesn't sleep in the day so I never get a break from her. She's a full on spirited child too. I would kill for a child that went to bed at the same time every night...I want to cry. Seriously.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gracie's Mum For This Useful Post:

happy86  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by breebee View Post
    This thread makes me want to cry. My 2 year old does not sleep. She doesn't fall asleep until midnight most nights and is driving me insane. She also doesn't sleep in the day so I never get a break from her. She's a full on spirited child too. I would kill for a child that went to bed at the same time every night...I want to cry. Seriously.
    *hugs* that sounds like my 2 year old DD she dropped her nap but if she has even a 10 or 15 min nap in the car she is up too 11pm or 12am then up for the day at 6am. Most of that sleep is broken and I don't know how she is surviving on that little sleep! Don't cry, just keep telling yourself if will get better...1 day

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Just*Ace For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (28-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by breebee View Post
    My DD1 was like this. She didn't have a bed time until she was in school. I just couldn't be bothered fighting her until she actually needed a bed time. I did manage to make her have naps again when I had her sister when she was 26 months because I needed a nap. I would lie with her in my bed and read the same 5 books everyday. I think I eventually bored her into sleep.
    Now at 7 she is an awesome self sufficient little person. She wakes first and watches cartoons quietly and makes herself breakfast.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetpeamummy For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (28-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS has been a 7/7.30pm kid since he was 18 months old. Only recently has he been going to bed around 8pm.

He used to have a nap at 12.30pm til 3pm and then bed at 7/7.30pm.
    But now, at 2,5yo, he is still too energetic at 12.30pm so he doesn't have a nap until 1.30pm til about 3.30pm and this moves up his bedtime at night.

He also used to sleep 7-7. Had a full 12 hours sleep, plus a 2-3 hour nap. This has now dropped to 1,5-2 hour nap and about 10 hours at night.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Misschief For This Useful Post:

happy86  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    16 mth old DD starts dinner around 5.30 then bath. She then plays/cuddles/runs around until Hoot does the Nightwatch song (6.55pm). Then it's night-time BF (10min)and she's out. Although I don't like her watching tv she only ever really 'watches' giggle & hoot so DH will often be watching tv or not have it on at all then flick it on for the night song. She snuggles in to both of us and then quite happily goes to bed. I'm tempted to record it and put it on earlier some nights She's just transitioning from 2 naps to 1 (moved from nursery to toddlers) but can have up to 3 naps on a weekend to catch up! Sometimes sleeps through, but normally 1 wake up for a feed. Normally up at 6/6.30 most days.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cairnsmummy For This Useful Post:

happy86  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. I know what you mean Just Ace! My DD is the same. A nap in the car or a quick 2pm sleep will recharge her for another 10 hours! I just don't understand how other kids her age still sleep 2 hours a day and go to bed so easily at 7pm every night? I feel like such a crappy mum. I cannot get her to go to bed before 11-12am! It's getting ridiculous because some mornings she will sleep in until 9.30-10am! Not cool I've tried getting her up at 6am but as you can imagine after going to sleep at 11-12am she is cranky and still exhausted after only 6 hours sleep. I've done everything to change her bad sleeping habits but have come to realise I just don't have a good sleeper. It's exhausting, I feel like a walking zombie some days. I wish I had a break from her to do things I need to do, but I just don't. She's full on, go go go all of the time! Sleep sweet child of mine, argh!! I've been thinking about putting her in daycare twice a week to see if that tires her out and gets her into a better sleeping pattern. Any experiences with daycare helping to put a toddler back into a good routine? I'll take any advice I'm desperate! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh gosh, you guys are going to hate me but my toddlers (ages 17months and 2) are in bed asleep by 6pm, then the older three (ages 6,4,4) are in bed by 645 or so. They all wake up around 630am.

I would seriously go crazy if I didn't have time to myself at the end of the day so I really feel for you guys who have non sleepers.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to 4underfour For This Useful Post:

happy86  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS is 25 months and I've started to notice his 7pm bedtime creeping later and later. This coincides with his daytime nap getting later and later. He still needs a nap as he is dreadful without one, and he sleeps from 2-3 hours, however if he doesn't go down for a nap til 2 and wakes at 430pm, I have no hope of him being tired enough to go to bed fuss free at 7, so on days like that its more like 8 or 815. I figure once he drops the nap the bedtime will return to vetween 7 and 730.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to naomi83 For This Useful Post:

happy86  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    *tear* as I lay beside my toddler who is STILL awake even though we're in bed. Driving me mental.