+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hate that nan ha has changed.. My ds poo has gotten very hard since the change ad smelly. Must be the formula as nothing else changed..

Hope your little one settles soon.. Im going to sew if i can get a small pal of something else to try him on for his night bottle. If you have success on something else let me know!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! My DD was on Nan Ha and started getting diarrheoa and upset tummy on the new formula. She is a twin and her brother is on S26 Gold so we tried her on this and she has taken to it beautifully. Didnt batter an eyelid =) makes me so cranky when companies do this sort of thing. Usually just to save a buck too. Never mind the little babies that are used to the current form!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey good to hear from other mums who have used the new formula. I went out and found some of the old 900g tins which is the old ingredients and after only 12 hours her poo isn't watery any more so I do think it's the new ingredients which up set her so bad. I'm so angry they changed the formula with out any warning all the stickers said was they were making that can size smaller!!!
    I'm going to use the rest of the cans I've got of the old ingredients then switch to karri care gold ha. I tried her on s26 while in hosp and it made her vomit and gave her an up set stomach hope karri care is ok....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm just going to put in a mention for Heinz Nurture original. I've been through a few and that worked best with DD, much cheaper too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I'm just going to put in a mention for Heinz Nurture original. I've been through a few and that worked best with DD, much cheaper too.
    Thankyou will have a look at that one when I need a new formula in a month or so

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We had our baby on Nan HA (someone told us that was NANs normal forumla) and it wasn't until agonising (for her) pain, constipation etc etc, so we had to change to novolac, nothing helped, another forumla nothing helped. Then two months later we were told by someone else that HA is the hydralised whey protein and is for babies who cannot process the protein found in the normal formulas, it should only be used as a last resort and after speaking to the doctor.

We moved DD onto NAN Pro Gold 1, which is what we were told is actually the normal stage 1 forumla for NAN and in 2 days the problem completely righted itself. No more pain for DD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeInShadesOfGrey View Post
    We had our baby on Nan HA (someone told us that was NANs normal forumla) and it wasn't until agonising (for her) pain, constipation etc etc, so we had to change to novolac, nothing helped, another forumla nothing helped. Then two months later we were told by someone else that HA is the hydralised whey protein and is for babies who cannot process the protein found in the normal formulas, it should only be used as a last resort and after speaking to the doctor.

We moved DD onto NAN Pro Gold 1, which is what we were told is actually the normal stage 1 forumla for NAN and in 2 days the problem completely righted itself. No more pain for DD.
    I didn't know that. We were told to use the ha for DS by his pead because he got badly constipated from the s26 gold. Might give the normal one a go... Choosing/finding the right formula seems to be really hard this time around!

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We found it difficult as well. Just give new formula adequate time if you change as they can take a while to settle in. Although for Dd the situation was different as she was blocked up, colicky etc from ha.

Sent from my GT-I5503T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, I have used the Nan HA GOLD since putting DD on formula after breastfeeding ceased on paeds advice, up until 3 weeks ago she was doing great on it, we went over to QLD and they only had the new tasting 800 gram tins there. Within 24 hours, DD was unsettled, and had the most revolting poos, they were dark green and like tar, the smell was so bad we had to stop at the side of the road to change her mid poo!! She pooed around 5 times in a day and screamed as she pooed. I put it down to the new "great tasting" Nan. I rang the Paed and he was unaware that they had changed it and recommended Karicare Aptimal GOLD. I used that for the rest of the time whilst I was in Qld but when I went back home In adelaide I was able to get the old style NAN HA 900gram tins, so I bought 8 tins. Im hoping this would last her till shes six months. The Karicare was great, poos were like breast feeding poos, bright yellow and not much smell, but I found her really gassy on it. Im so upset that Nestle have changed it, and apparently they have changed all the brands PRO, GOLD, HA etc. and stages 1, 2 and 3 have been changed. I have since written to nestle asking for a recal on the formula but they havent responded. Im not sure what Else I can do but I am glad that it wasnt only me this happened too. I have googled and it seems to be a very common problem. I wonder what the hell they have added to it to make the babies so sick. a little scary to say the least.

Thanks
    Reviews
    a friend of mine just found this its an article about nan making children sick..

http://www.news.com.au/business/comp...-1226445965641