+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nan ha new formula= baby with green runny poo and up set :(

My 3 week old was doing regular poo and was settled and sleeping well. Since changing her formula a week ago she has been un settled, green runny watery poo,bad gas, crying and hardly sleeping
    Is this normal because they have changed the formula ingredients and her stomach needs to gets used to it or should she be used to it after a week? I have called her pead and waiting for him to call me back. I called the chemist and he said take her to hosp if she has had watery poo for a week but she's only doing 2-3 poos a day so I would have thought that wouldn't be enough to make her dehydrated??

I have some breast milk but only 40ml a few times a day which is not even half of what she needs.

I don't know what to do she's so un happy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Winterbubs1012 For This Useful Post:

wigglemum  (25-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone? Or Could a mod pls move this to somewhere where I will get some replies as I really need some help pls

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No, that is not normal. That can be a sign of intolerances and allergies. I had to try 5 different formulas until I found one that didn't do that to DS4. He ended up on S26 lactose free because the doctor said that it was gentler on tummies even for babies who aren't lactose intolerant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree try the S26 lactose free. It certainly won't hurt. But do go see your gp or hopefully your paed will call.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wigglemum For This Useful Post:

beebs  (25-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Exact same thing happened to my DD on Nan HA. I took her off it and put her on Novolac as she had terrible colic, but perhaps your little one is having trouble with lactose too?

Just be careful changing and trying new formulas as it takes their tummies a couple of weeks to get used to a new one, so lots of changes around the same time will only make things worse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Her regular pead went on holidays today but a different one will see us tonight at 5.

Thanks for your replies.

She was doing so well on the old formula normal poo ect so would it be the new ingredients that's hurting her tummy? If she's lactose intolerant wouldn't she have been sick from the old ingredients as well?
    We tried s26 in hospital and she vomited it up.

What's the signs of dehydration in a new born?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MyCheekyMonkey View Post
    Exact same thing happened to my DD on Nan HA. I took her off it and put her on Novolac as she had terrible colic, but perhaps your little one is having trouble with lactose too?

Just be careful changing and trying new formulas as it takes their tummies a couple of weeks to get used to a new one, so lots of changes around the same time will only make things worse.
    Thats what I'm not sure about I don't want to change the formula to a totally new one and make her even worse but I'm not sure how long to leave her on this one to see if she gets used to it?

The makers of nan ha should have given alot of notice before changing the formula all they said was they were changing the packaging not the actual ingredients

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just saw bubs pead and he said she probably has a tummy bug and will get over it in a few days. He gave me some of the old formula to try her on to see if her runny poos n gas clear up. If they clear up with in 24 hours it's the formula if not it's a tummy bug. She isn't dehydrated and has put on weight

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's good. Did he also mention that after a bout of gastro that babies can become lactose (or fructose) intolerant for a period? All 3 of my kids were at one stage. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wigglemum View Post
    That's good. Did he also mention that after a bout of gastro that babies can become lactose (or fructose) intolerant for a period? All 3 of my kids were at one stage. Good luck
    No he didn't mention that, thanks will keep a very close eye on her.

I've just gone to all the chemists and igas around us and stocked up on the old formula as I think it really dose have alot to do with her up set stomach. Will find out in 48 hours I guess.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Winterbubs1012 For This Useful Post:

wigglemum  (25-07-2012)