+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We've rented 4 places over the years whilst having our 2 cats. It does limit your choice of rental but hey.. I love my cats and they're an important part of our life. Good luck finding a rental!

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmi View Post
    One of my cats throws up randomly at least twice a week :/ she is 5 years old.

The other throws up about once a month when she gets a hairball (she is fluffy and she will eat any hair left down )

They only eat dry whiskers as they refuse to eat raw or cooked meats

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub
    Have you tried the all-in-one type dry foods, eg. Science Diet? They have ones for various types of cat (indoor etc).

We have used the Science Diet one with our 3 indoor cats, and are now using the Royal Canin one (as they got sick of the flavour of the other).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post
    Have you tried the all-in-one type dry foods, eg. Science Diet? They have ones for various types of cat (indoor etc).

We have used the Science Diet one with our 3 indoor cats, and are now using the Royal Canin one (as they got sick of the flavour of the other).
    My chunder-kitties eat science diet..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    My chunder-kitties eat science diet..
    Lol! Chunder-kitties

My little cat has a slight mental problem (vets words). Where she eats everything! Seriously - sticks, stones, string, toys, fluff, bugs, plastic, shoes! So she vomits ALL the time, but with obvious causes. The big cat either goes out in sympathy or tries it on as a play for attention.... Or just throws up because the sky is blue today!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    In all the rentals I've lived in I've always had a pet irrespective of whether it has been permitted or not. I've simply moved the animal and its belongings prior to inspection. Have never had an issue. A pet is part of the family and shouldn't be discriminated against. So I've always had a pet in a rental.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My cat only vomits if he has furballs and that is very rare, we give him catlax to help. I also have soft paws for him, which are claw protectors, they are on our puppy too and they are brilliant. We have all brand new leather furniture after renovating last year so it saves our furniture!

I agree so much with an earlier poster about not getting a cat and leaving it outside, what so many people who do this probably do not know is the damage and annoyance it can cause other people. Our cat is purely indoors but the neighbourhood cats love to come to our house and cause massive tears in our screens, and cause much angst to our cat when they try and attack him through the windows and doors!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My chucky indoor cats are on Royal Canin s/o I think from memory. It's a vet one cause one of my cats has Flutds and isn't allowed anything besides these dry biscuits.

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Melon View Post
    Really?

Our vet said that cats shouldn't eat wet food as its full of sugar and caramel to make it go further.
    She said that if you don't feed your cat fresh meat (kangaroo etc) then they should only be on good quality biscuits like purina, or the stuff from the vets office.
    Dry food causes kidney and renal failure, diabetes, dehydration, gastrointenstinal upsets, UTIs and obesity in cats.
    It's very well documented but the ones who sell you dry food, and have their clinics and schooling funded by dry food companies, are hardly going to tell you that

A good site to check out for basic information is http://www.catinfo.org/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    Dry food causes kidney and renal failure, diabetes, dehydration, gastrointenstinal upsets, UTIs and obesity in cats.
    It's very well documented but the ones who sell you dry food, and have their clinics and schooling funded by dry food companies, are hardly going to tell you that

A good site to check out for basic information is http://www.catinfo.org/
    Good quality dry food, such as science diet, is the best food for your cats. Cheap food from the supermarket whether wet or dry is not the best thing you can give your cat!

My mum is a vet & we've only fed our cats science diet or one of another couple of good quality foods whose names I can't remember atm. The pet food companies don't fund clinics or schools- occasionally you get a free mug or mousepad but that's about it! If in doubt....ask the vet what they feed their own cat and use that.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well this got off track...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

eviezmum  (27-07-2012),Witwicky  (27-07-2012)