+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Vomiting is often caused by eating dry food, which cats aren't meant to eat anyway.

Other causes are not chewing food properly, hairballs, stress, gastrointestinal disease and parasites, and illness.

If your cat is throwing up more than once a week, see the vet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    Vomiting is often caused by eating dry food, which cats aren't meant to eat anyway.

Other causes are not chewing food properly, hairballs, stress, gastrointestinal disease and parasites, and illness.

One of my cats throws up randomly at least twice a week :/ she is 5 years old.

The other throws up about once a month when she gets a hairball (she is fluffy and she will eat any hair left down )

They only eat dry whiskers as they refuse to eat raw or cooked meats

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Have you tried them on the sachets of whiskers, nemmi?

My cat is the biggest fusspot and we discovered she will eat the sachets of whiskers. NOT the cans of whiskers of course

She would seriously rather go outside and look for a sparrow or lizard to eat than eat 99.9% of the cat foods or meats on the market.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post

Really?

Our vet said that cats shouldn't eat wet food as its full of sugar and caramel to make it go further.
    She said that if you don't feed your cat fresh meat (kangaroo etc) then they should only be on good quality biscuits like purina, or the stuff from the vets office.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Have you tried them on the sachets of whiskers, nemmi?

My cat is the biggest fusspot and we discovered she will eat the sachets of whiskers. NOT the cans of whiskers of course

She would seriously rather go outside and look for a sparrow or lizard to eat than eat 99.9% of the cat foods or meats on the market.
    My girl wont eat whiskas wet food at all, she hates beef / lamb etc will only eat dine or home brand tuna.

The dry foods i have to buy sea food / fish etc ones.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are naughty and told our landlord that we had an outside cat but she is an inside cate and not even allowed outside. DH tried to be strict the first day and make me put her outside (it was in a villa that had a little courtyard with 7 foot fences and he thought she wouldn't be able to get out) but when I got home she was missing and I was in tears and devestated.
    We finally found her later that afternoon but that was the end of her going outside. We always just hid her for inspections.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took the first cat to our vet re: the vomiting. He said the average cat vomits around once a week and the cause could be anything from GI disease to the sky is blue today!! He also said if a cat spends time outside it will do its vomiting there rather than indoors and the owner may never even be aware... But ours are indoor only cats, so they really don't have an option.

I think it's sad that some of you are finding it hard to rent a home with your animals. I would expect any damage done to my property would be cleaned up, fixed up or reimbursed by the tenant or coveted by my insurance - whether it was caused by the tenants pets or not. Just as many kids, drunken parties, cars on the lawn, and simple accidents cause damage as pets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    *covered* by my insurance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    That has me puzzled. I've had two indoor cats. No vomit. Thank goodness - it's gross!

My old dog on the other hand.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our cats and dogs sure have damaged our house! We own it though. Mostly cats hanging off the fly screens.
    Our cat used to vomit regularly, I put him on hills z/d so I knew it was food related as that is an allergen free food, then slowly moved him to foods free of beef and he hasnt vomited once since.