+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    If I ever got a cat It would be kept inside.. The only rentals that allow pets I have come across say only outside pets so I was just wondering what cat owners do.. Thank u all for your replies!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    My cats vomit on the carpet all the time, wreck fly screens (one thinks his is a cat version of spiderman) and have been known to pull threads in carpet by clawing them. Fortunately I own my own home, but when I rented I had to do repairs prior to the exit inspection (I always admitted I had pets and one place even charged a pet bond which was fair enough).

Please don't get a Kitty if you're going to leave it outside all the time.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Maybe look into rescuing an older cat that is litter trained already and just wants to sleep and cuddle all day. Should do minimal damage and maximum love

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (25-07-2012),HugsBunny  (25-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Maybe look into rescuing an older cat that is litter trained already and just wants to sleep and cuddle all day. Should do minimal damage and maximum love
    was just going to suggest the same!!!
    cats need to be indoors or outside in a cat run which can be very expensive.
    an older cat in need of a good home (that will more than likely be euthanised if none is found ) would be extremely grateful.
    plus, you get to see if the cat is good with the children, which you don't have the chance when buying a kitten. it will also teach your children how important it is to choose a pet for life, not just when it is novelty or convenient. they will appreciate having helped save a life

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Yup i'd agree. We go our burmese fella at two, and he literally just sleeps in front of the fire or on our laps or cries to be picked up for cuddles. He's to pudgy and lazy to try and wreck anything.

NurseAnni is offline Winner 2014 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by eviezmum View Post
    people who don't own cats or haven't had cats don't really know - cats vomit.... More than you think.... Usually in some random spot. Something to think about if you're going to keep one in a rental property.
    Dont panic! My 2year old kitty has only thrown up once in his life when he snuck somethimg he shouldnt have out of the kitchen bin... I didnt realise it was so common

Sent from my GT-P6810 using BubHub

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 2 cats.....one is 7 and the other is 1 and have had them both from 8weeks old.....the 7yr old has thrown up once in her life and that was when she ate something she shouldnt have....the 1yr old has thrown up twice, also from eating something he shouldnt have.
    When cleaning those up, I hit it with the hair drier, pick it up in a tissue (easier because it dried hard and pulls off the carpet in a clump) then take the head off the vacuum and scrub at the carpet with it on to loosen and pick up any small chunks left behind. Worked for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was a landlord, I love animals.but we had a no pet policy on oir houses. Simple fact is.not everyone treats a rental nicely and pets often cause damage (not everyone is a great pet owner). We've allowed pets and then had permanent damage done to our house. It's not that landlords aren't understanding of the joy they bring to a family, they simple don't want to be left paying for the damage they cause.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How do you get cats that don't vomit? I swear mine vomit easily once a week, sometimes more.

I've rented once with my cats and now remembering it they didn't vomit back then. It was about 8 years ago though so they were much younger.

The carpet in the rental was this wool horrible loop stuff and one claw hooked and a section was wrecked. I got someone in before I was moving to get it all fixed but it wasn't good enough in the owners eyes and lost my bond. Thankfully that's the only time I've rented.

I guess be prepared to forfeit your bond if things aren't to the owners standard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I can recall my 4 yo cat vomiting once! She only eats whiskers food, not sure if this makes a difference.

She doesn't scratch furniture often either, I got lucky with her. She goes outside but stays in the yard willingly.

My son has caused more damage via vomit than my cat by far!