+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Every rental I have lived in (except this one) has said 'NO PETS' and in every house I have had dogs, cats, rabbits (indoor and outdoor), birds and fish.

My advice.....get a cat, buy a decent scratch post (so it doesnt claw at carpet), desex it (not only because its the right thing to do, but it also wont spray) and take it to a friends house on rent inspection day.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (25-07-2012),jessesgirl  (25-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A lot of owners have issues with cats over dogs for the simple reason that if a cat wees inside it's hard to get out of the carpet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Like Lollydolly said, make sure you check council requirements in your area, where I am cats must be contained to your yard, if they are caught roaming they are picked up by the council. You don't want to get an outside cat and then find council says it has to be in your yard/inside (as its heaps easier to just keep them inside than change the fencing to keep them in).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Renesme View Post
    A lot of owners have issues with cats over dogs for the simple reason that if a cat wees inside it's hard to get out of the carpet.
    Bicarb soda sprinkle, leave the vacum up

vinegar spray or eucalyptus spray

Then steam mop the, whole area.

I had a kitten urinate on the bedroom carpet and this method worked

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    If you're going to leave the cat outside, don't get a cat.

Their lifespan is cut down to a quarter of their usual life. They're in danger from being run over, being stolen, being poisoned, being killed by other cats, being killed by dogs, being picked up by the council, contracting diseases, killing other people's pets and native wildlife, overheating/freezing, injuring itself severely and getting parasites.

It's simply not responsible to buy a kitten and then leave it outside.

Get a pet that can be contained inside, and won't endanger your house conditions, like a small bird {lovebirds, cockatiel, finches, budgie}, mice, rats, hermit crabs, snake/lizard or fish.

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ToughLove For This Useful Post:

CMF  (25-07-2012),GreenMama  (25-07-2012),Luna Lovegood  (26-07-2012),Pen14  (25-07-2012),Sarelou  (25-07-2012),Stiflers Mom  (25-07-2012),VicPark  (25-07-2012),Wastingtime  (25-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If u rent , my advice, dont get a pet.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Just be careful not telling the agent, all you need is a nosey neighbour or a difficult agent or landlord and they can evict you for breaking the lease , I would always put it on the application and try get a pet reference of you can!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Considering that cats SHOULD be kept inside then no they are not outside pets. Outside pets are ones that are outside all the time. For those that are saying they were not even allowed goldfish normally birds and fish are fine (as long as they are not attracting pests).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I personally dont think its right to have a pet and lie about it. Its dishonest and disrespectful to the home owner

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    We live in a 'no pet' rental. We have fish, hermit crabs and a rabbit. We waited until we had lived here a while and then wrote a letter asking for permission for the rabbit...I put my own conditions on it (solid based cage on legs, rabbit would be desexed and litter trained, all food would be kept in sealable containers) and also stated that I wanted the rabbit to be able to run around inside, supervised, for a couple of hours each day as I did not believe in animals being kept in cages. They agreed to it and it has been fine.
    We recently applied for a property and wrote a cover letter letting them know about our rabbit and I also attached photos of our house so they could see how clean and tidy we are. We got the house.

Wait until you move, then ask. I have a reference letter from an old landlord that let us have 2 dogs, 2 rabbits, mice and a cat stating how well we looked after the house and how no damage was done to the property.

Honestly, lying about it is just going to get you in to trouble. I dobbed in so many of my neighbours when I first moved out of home by writing in a letter to our real estate agent (lived in a townhouse) that I wanted a rabbit and mentioned that several of the neighbours had cats....they weren't supposed ot have cats.

We have been landlords and my parents are landlords and we both do minor house repairs on our own to save money on our end, landlords are entitled to do drive by's too...it is not worth the risk with the rental market the way it is to be caught out lying about your pets. Also, quite frankly, lying about your pets is extremely disrespectful to the owner of the property.
    Last edited by Wastingtime; 25-07-2012 at 19:41.