+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Buying Dress Online Would You??

Hi was wondering if you would buy an dress online.

It is more for the 'flower girls' dresses and am scared that it wont look anythng lik the picture. i have emailed them a few me times questions and always get back a responcse within 24hrs. the dress would cost around $65 each including postage for what the dress looks like on there website that price is a steal. (this is for my sisters wedding and she told m to pick somthing for the little girls that will 'sotra' clone her dress). so i really don't want to stuff up. having looked at similar flower girls dress (at bridal shops; stillneeded to be made from china) they cost well over $200 for the same sort of design.

Sometim i even wonder if they deal with these online companies and charge 5x more then what they pay....

Has anyone had any experience with 'china power seller' (this is the website of were i saw the dress)

any help would be greatly great thankyou

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would give it a go.

I'll be a bridesmaid in a couple of months and the bride is sourcing our dresses from an American online store. We are yet to receive them, so hopefully they'll be just as we imagine.

No experience with China Powerseller but my eyes nearly popped out of my head when I saw the prices If the true product matches the pictures then it's amazing they can make them so cheaply!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would.

For my friends wedding we got the bridesmaids dresses and flower girls dress from a website called dressilyme.

Very happy with them and so much cheaper than getting from over here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wanted a short cocktail legnth wedding dress to wear at my reception so I ordered one to be made from a Chinese dress website.

Biggest waste of $260 EVER!

It had visible pin holes in it, the fabric wasn't what they showed in the picture (was meant to be chiffon but ended up being satin), it had a floral detail that was glued on and fell off the first time I tried it on, it was uneven and had the detail in the bodice ironed in instead of sewn in. It was just a piece of crap. I wore it as a novely on my hens night and threw it out.

Meanwhile, I often buy from online retailers overseas. Particularly the UK and I am usually very happy with it.

Do your research on the company, I'd say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MMelissa View Post
    Do your research on the company, I'd say.
    Yes, this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought my bridesmaid dress online - from house of brides a US based business with genuine dresses. I tried a few dresses on here then looked to see what ones i could get from the website. I saved hundreds ordering from house of brides. The only issues i had were

- you need to order really well in advance, like 14 weeks or so
    - they dont reply to any emails
    - you wont have any idea of when your dress will ship until its nearly all of the way here (paid extra for international express so could see tracking)
    - you need to pay for international express shipping as that took nearly 1 month

I would avoid buying dresses like these from places that dont sell the genuine article. You need to search the internet for reviews before you decide to go ahead. I took the risk and it paid off but it doesnt for many people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its really hit and miss, like any online website. DH and I are avid online buyers, we buy almost EVERYTHING online, I only didn't buy my wedding dress online as I wouldn't have had enough time to buy one in store if it didn't work out!
    We were only engaged for 8 months lol.

If you have the time up your sleeve, then sure try it. Paypal is always best to pay with as it offers you extra protection.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for these quick replies. i have seen this particular dress on a few 'china' websites ie that one called 'wedding shop sydney' (this website just sells the dresses a bit more). it looks like that same company (same policies, shipping info layout, just different name). thou this website has reviews on it mostly giving 5star service.

tbh- i found 'china powerseller' from this goggle search of ChinaPowerSeller - a Knock-Off Dress Story and Review it has pictures of the dress that is shown on the website and what has been receieved. what do you think of this dress? if your able to access this site. my only main concern of the dress is; is it still going to have the 'ballgown' effect as the original pictures shows, i've emailed and was told they put a hard tulle under the dress to give the ballgown effect but looking at the dress on the coat hanger it just hangs there, doesn't seem to have any 'body' to the skirt part, but IMO the detail looks outstanding on how close the detail made on the dress is to the 'name branded' dress. what do you think?

thanks again for the replies
    Last edited by MyLittlePrincess; 25-07-2012 at 16:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    I bought my flowergirls dresses on ebay from china, they were perfect, exactly as the pics showed, the only thing to keep in mind is that the chinese sizes are usually a bit smaller than ours, my flowergirls normally wear size 6/7 here and i ended up getting them a size 8 and 10 from china. I even bought all their jewellery and mine from china too. As long as u use paypal to pay, if u have any issues u can always get ur money back. And as said before, order well in advance, some take a few weeks to arrive. But for us $36 a dress as apposed to $200+ a dress was a great saving.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought my wedding dress on eBay from china and it was stunning. I has one guest say to me 'that dress was obviously made to fit you bunny, I bet it cost at least $4,000' lol. I have a photo of her reaction when I told her it cost $212, made to measure and delivered to my door

I had to have the hem taken up about 2 cms but it fit perfectly everywhere else.