+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    LOL yeah I'm not keen on what my grandma classes as edible. She keeps saying "well we didn't even have Fridges and freezers!" Like that excuses all hygiene and food safety practices. *spew*

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My aussie nanna just deep fried everything u could imagine.

My italian nonna... *sigh* now there is a woman that knew how to cook. From scratch! They were very poor in italy so everything came from what they could grow and would came from their animals or neighbours animals.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It is the same as a wholefood diet? Or different?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    I find 'clean eating' to be a bit of a buzz word for healthy eating.

I don't know about anyone else's grandparents but boy they ate some gross stuff. I remember my pa had a bucket of congealed animal fat in a bucket on the BBQ. Eww. And they ate a ton of sugar.
    lol grandfather used to eat lard sandwiches but I do understand the saying. Basically no processed crap.

I think there can be different thoughts on what clean eating is. Some promote minimising fruit and basic veg bc it has too much sugar, and not consuming even wholemeal carbs. That's just silly. Not eating small amounts of healthy carbs just causes your body to eat into muscle eventually.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Benji  (26-07-2012),ShanandBoc  (26-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My other grandparents were Hungarian, so they probably ate better. Although who knows - sometimes they eat some weird cr@p in Europe. lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    A croissant is pretty bad, and I could see some people justifying that to themselves as "breads & grains". lol I think the key is what you do 80-90% of the time, not 100%.
    perhaps more essential fatty acids - and perhaps eliminate the word essential for that one!! lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dad still keeps a pot of drippings in the fridge (at least in the fridge!!) and has it on toast. Yuck! He does add a bit to his soups though, and I gotta say, they are the tastiest soups.
    He made a turkey soup for Christmas one year, and brought it around in the morning. When I lifted the lid on it, it was almost bubbling. Ewwwwww - it was off. He then told me he had made it and hadn't refrigerated it overnight. Then later I found out he had made it 2 days prior. In the summer. In a hot house with sh!te aircon. Needless to say, the soup was ditched VERY quickly.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by moongazer View Post
    Dad still keeps a pot of drippings in the fridge (at least in the fridge!!) and has it on toast.
    lol see it's not that uncommon then, and my GF didn't call it lard but drippings as you say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My mum had a pot of drippings in the fridge when I was growing up. I don't think she has it anymore. She's thinks she's all "trendy" now because she has olive oil. Although she still uses margarine. *pulls hair out*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    It is the same as a wholefood diet? Or different?
    Very similar

In some circles it might involve dropping gluten and/or dairy and/or grains too. It depends.

But the basic principle is whole foods.