+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How does your newborn go to sleep??

I have a 3 week old which currently I hold her tight and rock her to sleep sometimes with a dummy sometimes without. I'm more so curious as to what everyone else does with their babies. What's the common way, I don't want her to get into the habit of being rocked everytime but during the night I don't like her to cry as there's others in the house. But thinking I could start something during the day perhaps in her cot in her room (at night she's I'm a bassinet in our room) I also think all the rocking is playing with my back or maybe thats just holding a new born all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to do the same with my dd at that age. She is now 7 months. At 6 months we did controlled crying and she now goes to sleep in her cot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Feed till drowsy and then cuddle to sleep. Never fails. Still works with my toddler

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I feed her to sleep at 4 months.

Jasper is 3.5 years and I lay beside him and hold him and/or sing to him. Its my favourite time of day. Self settling imo is overrated. Lol.

I did start popping jasper down for a few minutes from 6 weeks to see what would happen and sometimes he'd fall asleep himself but as a toddler he decided he wants me to stay until he's asleep.

Katelyn I've tried popping her down but she just cries.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    Last edited by Boobycino; 25-07-2012 at 14:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't feed her to sleep she wakes straight away with wind. She's a colic baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My little boy has shocking reflux so I can't feed him to sleep either. I generally cuddle him until he's asleep (have to hold him upright for at least 30 mins after a feed anyway) and then slip him into his bassinet. Sometimes if he stirs after putting him into bed I stroke his head and he drifts back to sleep again. I actually dont mind cuddling him to sleep, he might be our one and only bub and after the trauma of his 1st few months as a very early prem I'm going to enjoy my cuddles with him, even the ones at 2am .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have a 3 week old also. We feed him, change nappy between boobs, after feed burp him then sit quietly with him until he starts looking tired, stretching, wriggling etc ... Then we wrap him and put him in the bassinet, we stay patting him for a minute and leave him with his dummy. He sends himself to sleep. A few squeaks here and there if the dummy falls out, we just quietly pop it back in. Hope to get rid of dummy in the future .....
    Good luck! At this erly stage ... Anything that works!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Night feeds I do a nappy change then feed burp and feed on next side, burp again then hold and pat him to sleep then put him in the cot.
    But day time he won't sleep. What do people do for their day time naps? Do you settle your baby the exact same way?? He's awake more and more these days and I can tell when he's tired and can get him to sleep but not stay asleep. It only happens in the day time though. I don't get it?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moosemousse View Post
    Night feeds I do a nappy change then feed burp and feed on next side, burp again then hold and pat him to sleep then put him in the cot.
    But day time he won't sleep. What do people do for their day time naps? Do you settle your baby the exact same way?? He's awake more and more these days and I can tell when he's tired and can get him to sleep but not stay asleep. It only happens in the day time though. I don't get it?!
    Yep exact same way but put down in pram or capsule so if I need to go out it's easy to leave. Also differentiates between day sleeps and night sleeps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would feed to sleep or from 6 weeks he would sleep in his swing