Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Laydeebug View Post
    This is why I removed my post. I was the first to reply saying that my son will be done and I removed it after being made to feel like I was less of a person and a bad parent for feeling this way.

I'm not doing it because of religious reasons
    I'm not doing it because I think he should look like his daddy
    I'm not doing it because anyone is forcing me into it.
    I am doing it because after working in the health field and seeing what can happen if they're not being looked after properly I feel it is cleaner.
    I don't look down on ANYONE for ANY opinion they make for their little boy.

I have discussed the pro's and con's of it with my DF and we both equally feel that this is the right move for us and our little one.

I don't understand why this topic is always made into a war. It doesn't affect anyone else but my son, and it really shouldn't be such an issue to others.

I respect people's decision either way they go. They are the parent. They do what they feel is right for their family.

I hope people can start respecting each others opinions a little more as -as far as I know- Bubhub is a place where we can come, not to feel judged by fellow TTC'ers or Parents, but to feel supported by people going through the same things as us.
    I agree with you and your DP. We are not yet parents but we have discussed having our son (should we have one) circumsized. DH was circ at birth, his mother noted that she couldnt go through the tears again (hers not his) and decided not to get her second DS circ. My DH has commented that his brother had alot of infections as a child because of an underlying family medical issue.

When we have a son we will be getting him circumsized from birth due to the medical reasons from DH family.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin275 For This Useful Post:

Laydeebugxxx  (26-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This always seems to be a heated topic!

For me it is a no, my little boy won't be done when he is born.
    I am his mother but they are his genitals.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tinkers For This Useful Post:

anxious for no3  (25-07-2012),Atropos  (25-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When I found out I was having a son I had no opinion on the matter so I researched all I could and made a decision on it based on facts, not the opinions of strangers. OP my only reccomendation is you do the same
    Last edited by Mod-Zeddie; 25-07-2012 at 19:26.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Zeddie For This Useful Post:

Laydeebugxxx  (26-07-2012),LoveLivesHere  (25-07-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hollychops View Post
    Not sure I'd call it tame. When people comment that circumcision is akin to mutilating a child it suggests they are a bad parent doesn't it?
    I suppose I'm comparing it to past threads.

My point is that if you really are confident in your parenting choices, it shouldn't be such a concern.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (25-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    This thread has been quite tame and respectful IMO.

Posts like yours always make me wonder if the parent really is comfortable with the decision they have made...

Do you feel that way solely because you are in the minority? No-one is saying that people are bad parents for circumcising their sons.
    Maybe it's not the intention of some people that posted but i don't find this thread or any other circ threads respectful at all.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin275 View Post
    I agree with you and your DP. We are not yet parents but we have discussed having our son (should we have one) circumsized. DH was circ at birth, his mother noted that she couldnt go through the tears again (hers not his) and decided not to get her second DS circ. My DH has commented that his brother had alot of infections as a child because of an underlying family medical issue.

When we have a son we will be getting him circumsized from birth due to the medical reasons from DH family.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Soooo ...you're going to remove your son's foreskin because your DH's brother had issues with his?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (25-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    Soooo ...you're going to remove your son's foreskin because your DH's brother had issues with his?
    She said that it's underlying FAMILY medical issue so i understand her post that they're worried if her son isn't circ'd he may have same infection problems like his uncle. I don't understand what is so confusing with her post?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lovesushi For This Useful Post:

munchkin275  (21-08-2012)

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by thepouts View Post
    How do we close it off? I don't know how...
    Closed now.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-RaryGirl For This Useful Post:

Laydeebugxxx  (26-07-2012)

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678