Closed Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly83 View Post
    Maybe if it had been compare to losing the very tip of ones finger ( no bone) then Yes I under stand but to compare a foreskin to a gall bladder umm no.... I've seen the recovery for both and to compare a operation where u are put under GA, sliced
    Open and an internal organ is removed to the cutting off of a foreskin is bloody stupid .
    I suggest you research what a foreskin actually does, you must of missed that in class as well because it does far more than the tip of a finger

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH is circ'd, he was done at the age of 4 due to ongoing infections.. Not sure if that was the case today if they would have been so snip happy? I think alot has changed in the medical field in this regard.

I am happy he is done, I personally find it cleaner (for me) and therefore did some research in case we have a boy, as I thought it may be something I would want to do. I have since decided against it based on the benefits/risks I have read, and DH was of that opinion all along, despite being done himself.

Good luck with your decision, and do lots of research

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oh my .... I must of missed that part in class... Where a functioning gall bladder is as important to ones Heath as a for skin.... My bad
    You can die unless a diseased gall bladder is removed. To live with GB disease is excruitiatingly painful and can lead to pancreatitis.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (25-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    I won't push my views on you - what I will strongly recommend though is to look up the procedure on U-tube and watch how it's performed (including your DH). If after viewing this you still want to go ahead, then that's your choice as the parents.
    This is a fab idea. I looked up on youtube laser eye surgery before I had mine done, and also the operation I was going to put my dog through to restore her vision (she had cataracts and was almost completely blind) before making the decisions to go ahead with the procedures. Its not very nice to see things like that but better to see it on a pc on someone else then in the moment yourself when you can't go back!

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Maybe if it had been compare to losing the very tip of ones finger ( no bone) then Yes I under stand but to compare a foreskin to a gall bladder umm no.... I've seen the recovery for both and to compare a operation where u are put under GA, sliced
    Open and an internal organ is removed to the cutting off of a foreskin is bloody stupid .
    You have missed the point. The comparison being drawn is the unnecessary removal of a functioning piece of the human body, to prevent a non-existent medical condition.

The fact that it is skin (albeit a very important piece of skin, IMO, with a role to play) is no reason to value it any less than other parts of the body. I respect all parts of my son's body the same - organs and skin alike - and would not remove any without his consent unless medically required.
    Last edited by Witwicky; 25-07-2012 at 15:09.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (25-07-2012),emzluvbub  (25-07-2012),Lillynix  (25-07-2012),Stiflers Mom  (25-07-2012),WorkingClassMum  (25-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My XH wanted DS done, I was hesitant and let it happen.
    I will not be circing this baby if it's a boy. To listen to my baby scream in the the other room while it was being done was the most horrible and guilty feeling.
    Then the recovery was yukky and scary.
    Will not be doing it again and I feel bad that DS has his done

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbabailey For This Useful Post:

lovesushi  (25-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A decision like this is one to carefully consider. Do not be bullied either way, make an informed choice.
    I had my little fella done and there was no chopping of anything, i gave him panadol before and after and the skin was removed by lazer. There were no tears.
    A lot of ppl will try to make you feel bad for having it done but you have to be strong enough to ignore them, i would much rather him have it done whilst little than go thru it at a later stage where it truely is extremely painful and memorable.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tamm32 For This Useful Post:

Laydeebugxxx  (25-07-2012),thepouts  (25-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm really disappointed to see that where I wrote "no judgements as I understand this can be a controversial topic" was completely ignored by some people. Eg, "genital mutilation". All I was asking for was people's experiences, not to be told what is right or wrong or to read other people being vilified for their decisions.

I feel really sad over the responses to what was an innocently intended post. I thought BH was a safe place to discuss these kinds of things with other grown up adults but apparently not.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thepouts For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (25-07-2012),Laydeebugxxx  (25-07-2012),lovesushi  (25-07-2012),StudMidwife  (25-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    1. The outer foreskin is indeed merely a continuation of the penile shaft skin. But it performs an important function because the penis has the unique ability to expand greatly in length and girth, and that "excess" skin is there to accommodate erection and thereby retain skin mobility.

2. The inner foreskin is not in fact skin, but a complex structure of highly enervated tissue, including the the frenulum, frenular delta and ridged band. The excision of these structures is non-trivial, and the long-term effects unpredictable, at best.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JohnC For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (25-07-2012),Lillynix  (25-07-2012),Renn  (25-07-2012),Witwicky  (25-07-2012),WorkingClassMum  (25-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Honestly - I can't see that that comment wouldn't have bothered you in the slightest if you didn't feel one way or the other about circ.

Out of line my friend ..... It's nothing like that! Sheesh

Mental note not to comment on a thread like this or you have every queen get on their high horse shoving their beliefs down ur throat!!

For the record I am not pro or con cerc.... if it we have a boy we will discuss options with each other, doctors ,health nurses we will
    Work out what is best for our
    Son not take a advice from over opinionated out of line women on BH thank you very much!!

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast