Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    wasn't even something that we considered or discussed when we found out we were expecting a boy. to me its seems as strange as considering female circumcision so was always a non-event.

we then got our results from our scan and bub has slightly dilated kidneys - it normally resolves itself before birth or within the first 12mths, but at its worst it can cause UTI and if his foreskin is playing some role is preventing him from urinating medically it may sometimes be recommended.

it broke my heart honestly to even have this thought in my head; to have to remove some of him but FX it will resolve itself /be manageable and we won't ahve to even discuss medical circumcision.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly83 View Post
    Out of line my friend ..... It's nothing like that! Sheesh

Mental note not to comment on a thread like this or you have every queen get on their high horse shoving their beliefs down ur throat!!

For the record I am not pro or con cerc.... if it we have a boy we will discuss options with each other, doctors ,health nurses we will
    Work out what is best for our
    Son not take a advice from over opinionated out of line women on BH thank you very much!!
    I think WCM had a very valid point given the topic

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (25-07-2012),Melzey  (25-07-2012),Renn  (25-07-2012),Tainted  (25-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    Um yeh I agree, puts on *puzzled face*

Sent from my GT-S5830 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my .... I must of missed that part in class... Where a functioning gall bladder is as important to ones Heath as a for skin.... My bad

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my .... I must of missed that part in class... Where a functioning gall bladder is as important to ones Heath as a for skin.... My bad
    It's unfortunate that you can't see the comparisons that were being made.

There is no reason to remove ANY functioning, healthy part of the human body prior to a medical issue arising, 'just in case'. This includes gallbladders, tonsils, ears, labia, breasts and yes, foreskins as well.
    Last edited by Witwicky; 25-07-2012 at 14:35.

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (25-07-2012),beebs  (25-07-2012),Busy-Bee  (25-07-2012),JohnC  (25-07-2012),Lillynix  (25-07-2012),Renn  (25-07-2012),Stiflers Mom  (25-07-2012),WorkingClassMum  (25-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think you need to get so defensive. WCM gave you a valid comparison.

I wouldn't remove my child's appendix or tonsils at birth just in case... Why do it with a foreskin?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's unfortunate that you can't see the comparisons that were being made.

There is no reason to remove ANY functioning, healthy part of the human body prior to a medical issue arising, 'just in case'. This includes gallbladders, tonsils, ears, labia, breasts and yes, foreskins as well.
    Maybe if it had been compare to losing the very tip of ones finger ( no bone) then Yes I under stand but to compare a foreskin to a gall bladder umm no.... I've seen the recovery for both and to compare a operation where u are put under GA, sliced
    Open and an internal organ is removed to the cutting off of a foreskin is bloody stupid .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week

For the record I am not pro or con cerc.... if it we have a boy we will discuss options with each other, doctors ,health nurses we will
    Son not take a advice from over opinionated out of line women on BH thank you very much!!
    I doubt anyone would offer you their opinion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    In terms of what parents in Australia do, the latest complete figures (2010-11) show about 15% of boys will be circumcised by the time they start school. If we subtract therapeutic and religious circumcisions, that leaves less than 10% routinely circumcised.

On that basis alone it would seem like a poor idea, given a circumcised boy will be the "odd one out", and if it was not done therapeutically (ie to correct a problem), there is a strong likelihood he will strongly resent it when older.
    This ^^ My DH is circ but didn't want our DS done just because he is. Whilst it was standard back in our day, by the time DS grows up, the 'norm' will be intact.

I won't push my views on you - what I will strongly recommend though is to look up the procedure on U-tube and watch how it's performed (including your DH). If after viewing this you still want to go ahead, then that's your choice as the parents.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

Sarelou  (25-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Out of line my friend ..... It's nothing like that! Sheesh

Mental note not to comment on a thread like this or you have every queen get on their high horse shoving their beliefs down ur throat!!

Umm, it's exactly the same. Your DH had medical problems, I had medical problems. Your DH is getting circ'd, I had my GB removed. We can both live happily without those body bits. Both body bits serve an essential function in the body. GB disease can kill BTW.

You offered your DH as an example as a pro-stance to the op, I offered myself as anti-stance to the op. I didn't not shove my opinion down your throat and I am glad you will discuss this subject with qualified medical people. I fail to see why you are getting upset over having an opinion challenged.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (25-07-2012),Witwicky  (25-07-2012)

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast