Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default To circumcise...?

Hi everyone,

Just wondering what people have decided to do when it comes to the issue of circumcisions their baby boys? We have two beautiful girls so have never had to contemplate the idea. We decided not to find out the sex of this bub so it has really got me thinking. Any experiences would be great thanks!

(please no judgements as I do understand that this can be a controversial topic)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    After lots of research I am anti routine circumcision. I understand there can be medical reasons to do it but this is not very common. There is no real reason to do it otherwise. Just my view.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

austmum  (25-07-2012),beebs  (25-07-2012),Pesca77  (25-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    After lots of research I am anti routine circumcision. I understand there can be medical reasons to do it but this is not very common. There is no real reason to do it otherwise. Just my view.
    This ^^^

Although dp is pro circumcision which will make things interesting if we have a boy, I've refused to talk to him about it until we find out the sex.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I feel it's similar to removing tonsils or appendix "routinely". Yes they may need to be removed later on, but they do serve a purpose, recocery time for an adult may be longer but the risks for a baby would be higher (infection, complications with surgery)

If my son needs surgery at a later date on his foreskin for a medical reason I'll still stand by my decision not to routinely circumcise.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

beebs  (25-07-2012),Busy-Bee  (25-07-2012),Lillynix  (25-07-2012),Pesca77  (25-07-2012),smileymum  (25-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The thought never even popped into my head. His body his choice.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trio For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (25-07-2012),Lillynix  (25-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    It is a very personal decision. Do your research, talk to your dh and go from there. If you want to know more about the procedure or about people experience with getting done. I would suggest that you post in the pro circ section.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are not going to. Hubs isn't and he has never had any issues. It's a personal choice and for us we do not think it's necessary and we think it's mean (sorry just how I feel).

Thanks
    Reviews
    We didn't even consider it for a second. As PP said. His body, His choice.

Never crossed my mind for a second that it might be my decision to make...because it isn't.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emzluvbub For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (25-07-2012),Busy-Bee  (25-07-2012),Lillynix  (25-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have 2 sons, and never even thought about it. My husband is still intact, and has taught our sons how to keep themselves clean there while going pee and to make sure they properly clean themselves during bath/shower time. It is a personal decision, but I believe its for them to make when they are older or if medically necessary. Completely up to you, but I'm against.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emzluvbub View Post
    We didn't even consider it for a second. As PP said. His body, His choice.

Never crossed my mind for a second that it might be my decision to make...because it isn't.
    This.

My DH isn't and never had any issues. Having said this my SIL's ds needed it done at 12 months of age due to ongoing infections. She feels as though she made the wrong decision allowing him to have it done, she has said the recovery was awful (needed 12 stitches).

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast