Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelmadean View Post
    Awesome Talz! No which FB group?
    Pm'd you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was transferred to swan a few hours after I gave birth and ended up checking us out after being there about 5 hours- it was awful. The facilities were shockingly lacking, I would never attend that hospital for anything birth related. As an example the ward I was on had access to 2 tiny toilets with no pads or bins available, and one full size toilet with a bin on the other side of the large cubicle.
    The midwives ignored us until I signed out. The pediatrician was patronizing and imo incompetent. My DS needed an x-ray for his kidneys straight away but they stuffed us around for 5 days.
    As we were leaving we had a conversation with a birthing woman's mother who was complaining that the midwives were very slow and not attentive as her daughter had to ask multiple times for pain relief.
    Horrible experience! Please look into joondalup!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulva View Post
    I was transferred to swan a few hours after I gave birth and ended up checking us out after being there about 5 hours- it was awful. The facilities were shockingly lacking, I would never attend that hospital for anything birth related. As an example the ward I was on had access to 2 tiny toilets with no pads or bins available, and one full size toilet with a bin on the other side of the large cubicle.
    The midwives ignored us until I signed out. The pediatrician was patronizing and imo incompetent. My DS needed an x-ray for his kidneys straight away but they stuffed us around for 5 days.
    As we were leaving we had a conversation with a birthing woman's mother who was complaining that the midwives were very slow and not attentive as her daughter had to ask multiple times for pain relief.
    Horrible experience! Please look into joondalup!
    swan: they told an aquaintance she pushed like a cow and when breastfeeding, laughed at her and said her baby sucked like its mother pushed.
    Joondalup: i've only heard good things wbout joondalup.
    When i]ve had to take any of my family to ED, swan is closer, but there's no way i'd go there unless we're turning blue or losing consciousness

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Turk EnJayDee View Post
    I had my DS at Joondalup in March. There was no comparison between him and my DD(born in Sydney).

I could not fault my birthing team at all. They were supportive of my every decision and also let me tell them when I needed to push, where/how I wanted to birth and also were very helpful during the delivery.

I had a student middy, OB and Middy in there the student was basically observing so she was my water/ice/gas person, OB was just observing, I think because my labour was so fast, just making sure nothing went wrong, and Middy was coaching me and doing perianal massage (which I didn't even feel or realise until she stopped when DS was head out.

She also made sure DP was involved as much as he wanted to be. Was a much better experience all over compared to DD's birth.

Only thing I would say is, when you ring and tell them you're in labour, don't ask if they think you should come in. Tell them you are coming in when you are leaving.

When I called to let them know, the middy asked me about timing of contractions, then asked my EDD, and proceeded to tell me that I could not be in labour as it was my EDD. This was 1 hour before DS was born. (DD was also born on her EDD)

It was a 20 min drive to the hospital and I left 10 minutes after that phone call so spent 30 minutes in the hospital before he was delivered.

Good luck!

ETA - this was in the public hospital.
    I had my DS at Joondalup Private in March too. Cant fault them. Had my DD in the public system there 4yrs ago too. I agree with going in when you a ready. My waters broke at 7.45pm and we rang the hospital and the midwife said 'have something to eat and come in when you are ready', we left the house at 8.15 (after I'd showered), live 10 mins from the hospital and DS was born 9.36pm - no time for an epi! Good luck x