Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    http://www.chemistdirect.com.au/nutr...-6-months-900g
    it seems to be in sotck here but its like $40

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    http://www.thebulkwarehouse.com.au/prod75.htm bulk lot of 6 tins for $198 or something

http://www.gotoddler.com.au/Karicare..._kar_goat1.htm $38, looks like an old picture (or maybe its the new pic)

hope one of these places actually has some for you

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Terry White Chemists

We got some online at Terry White Chemists. They have some restrictions on volume but we got it and our boy is happy.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Karicare goat in short supply...

I totally feel your concern on this issue!!! My daughter had really bad reflux and It was suggested to try her on Goats formula.... it worked a treat and she is a different baby now.... but what Have I got myself into??? I had no idea the drama it would be to get my hands on this stuff!!
    I also rang Karicare and the lady I got was so helpful, she explained the situation as to why there is a short supply and it is as follows:
    And this is not racism or anything....It is fact.
    Unfortunately Some Asians got wind of how popular this product is and they literally started buying it in pallet loads and storing it in warehouses... Then we're selling it on Trade me (NZs version of EBay) for $93 a tin. Karicare had to take drastic action and ban the sale of it to any supermarkets etc and gave sole sale right to an online pharmacy so these crooks couldn't get to it.... unfortunatley the same thing has now started happening in Australiavand Karicare are desperately trying to find an online chemist that will take the buying rights over the same as in NZ. There is now not enough goats to keep up with the demand of this product all because of money hungry crooks trying to make a buck off families who are trying to give their bubs the next best thing to breast milk. there was a huge investigation done on these crooks in NZ and they found a warehouse full of Goats milk formula with an Asian man saying 'I no speak English' I fell victim to one of these crooks as I had no other option and I bought 3 tins of EBay for $50 a tin!!! It sucks

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you get desperate I would personally speak to a paediatrician or similar and ask if going on to real goats milk is actually going to be an issue. He is breastfed at night and has solids during the day, as well as the milk. My uncle was raised from birth on real goats milk with no issue (obviously a lot of years ago) but I would think getting so much nutrition from else where, real goats milk may not be as bad as we would normally first think. Worth checking out I'd think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Re: Karicare goat in short supply!! Now what??

Has been now. Report anything suspicious ladies, then we can have a look to see if some one is genuine or not.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Karicare goat in short supply!! Now what??

Sorry not about goats milk, but I do wonder how this rule about formula until 12 months came about? My mother had us on full cows milk from 4mo once weaned from the breast. This was less than 30 years ago. I do wonder if babies 6 months and over do infact need formula?

Me + DH
    DS 2
    DD
    :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Karicare goat in short supply!! Now what??

They absolutely need formula ( or obviously bm) over cows milk before 12 months, as cows milk has no where near the vitamins/minerals needed for growth plus the protein is very hard babies to digest

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

feelinglucky  (16-11-2012),peanutmonkey  (15-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wowww. Just came online and saw the reply from that lady
    trying to sell tins for $40.... Seriously these people are nasty!!
    They are now trawling baby and parent sites to target people.. thats disgusting!!
    But anyway ladies straight after posting that post yesterday I went and did my
    groceries at Coles and they were freshly stocked of Goat 2 Formula!!
    Hooray!!!! Lets hope it stays that way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wowww. Just came online and saw the reply from that lady
    trying to sell tins for $40.... Seriously these people are nasty!!
    They are now trawling baby and parent sites to target people.. thats disgusting!!
    But anyway ladies straight after posting that post yesterday I went and did my
    groceries at Coles and they were freshly stocked of Goat 2 Formula!!
    Hooray!!!! Lets hope it stays that way