+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by angelini View Post
    I don't have kids yet, but I've heard fantastic things about these!

http://www.gro.co.uk/Gro-clock.html
    I second this, so good!!!

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    is she able to get out of bed on her own?
    dd gets herself up now, when shes had enough sleep, and goes and plays (Ive started putting a quiet toy,sticker book, drink of water and apple on her desk, so she sits and plays until we get up)

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    She is 2 so I don't think she would understand a rewards chart. No she dosnt need to sleep longer so please reframe from jumping on me I asked to help with the screaming at 5 am. She can get out of her bed she has toys in her room and it's not dark I there in the morning so she can see. She just lays there yelling and it's only really started the past 2 weeks so i have no idea our DS never did it so its new. I norm go in there an check on here give her a bottle, then the next time she does it (norm half he later or at 6am) I get her up prop but then she wakes up DS who is still sleeping. I just don't know, and me being preg again I am pretty dead in the morning. Oh I do go to bed early because she wakes up early. If she slept later ild go to bed later. Thanks guys who have offered advice xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    does she know how to get off the bed herself?

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes it's a toddler bed so close to the ground. He climbs in an out her self when we get up its just really annoying me lol my world won't end if she does it forever lol but it is annoying

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Kids get in habits. If you go in when she screams, she will continue to scream. Try and put a reward/activity/morning routine in place, and say that the new routine doesn't involve screaming, mummy doesn't like screaming and you won't go in when she screams. She might not like it the first few times but if you're firm she'll be fine soon enough.

Good luck

7. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (25-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    If my son wakes up and calls out before 6:30, I go in and tell him it's not time to get up yet, give him a cuddle and kiss, and lay him back down. He is 2.

Maybe she is just starting to need less sleep, and that's why she is waking.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (25-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    how old is she?

jaspers been doing this - it's driving us crazy and it all started when df told jasper to stop getting into our bed. so he just lays in bed and screams "mummy!"

we have told him to just come to us and get in our bed but he just wakes and screams. it's a very startling wake up call!!!!!

he's 3.5 (sorry not much help!)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    She is 2. I'll try what's suggested thanks guys

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you tried calling out to her saying you're in bed! come here! so she learns how to find you? thats how we "trained" jasper when he was 2. but we can't do it now with katelyn in the bed/cot beside the bed because he wakes before her so we won't yell out to him with her here.

or maybe go walk her to you (or if she's calling for you get daddy to go "come on I'll show you where mummy is")

good luck. I feel your pain. it's not the hour - it's the jump start. lol.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (26-07-2012)