+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default SAVE OUR SLEEP.... Please :)

Our beautiful dd has taken it on her self at every morning at about 5 am she will start screaming "MUMMY" and when you go in there she is still in bed with her eyes closed. She knows you came in and smiles. She goes to bed at 6pm every night (because norm she won't ever sleep past 6am no matter what time, and I like her bedtime then) I don't know how to get her to stop yelling every single morning till I go in there help me please

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Can you tell her to climb into your bed? That way all involved get more sleep

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Iv tried, she starts playing and then everyone gets no more

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump again???????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have blinds in my bedroom and have found they keep the majority of light out. I think that has helped. I'm going to buy them for all the bedrooms. they are just the roll down ones from bunnings.

It could be the case that she is just getting enough sleep though. some kids just seem hard wired to certain times. My son has never been an early riser (he prefers to get up after 8am or later), but it is a struggle for him to go to bed before 9pm either, so you sort of end up with it at one end or the other.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (25-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't have kids yet, but I've heard fantastic things about these!

http://www.gro.co.uk/Gro-clock.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wanting her to sleep longer than 6-5 is unfair, yes it is cold and dark but she has had enough sleep. My DD woke at 4:30am for 6 months, we just had to go with it, trying to change it was stressing everyone out. She eventually changed, but a later bedtime was the result. If you need more sleep you may need to go to bed earlier.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree that if she is going to bed at 6pm expecting her to sleep later than 5am I expecting too much :-S

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The OP didn't say she wanted her to sleep longer- just not scream when she wakes at 5! Which is completely fair, I don't know anyone who would want to put up with that kind of wake up call.
    How old is your DD? Would she understand a reward chart? Could you set up some fun quiet activities in her room before you go to bed so she has something to play with for a while before she wakes you up? When DP and i want a bit of extra sleep on the weekend i set out some of DS's favourite toys (generally Lego) plus his bottle of water and a banana and/or some dry cereal. This is all useless if she is very young! But DS is 2.5 and it works a treat most of the time.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (25-07-2012),leoness79  (25-07-2012)