+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Gro bag over a woombie?

Has anyone been successful using a woombie with a gro bag over the top for sleeping with a newborn winter baby as opposed to a wrap and blanket? I'd like to avoid traditional wraps and blankets to minimize the risk of everything being kicked off, but does this work?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DD was born in October so nights were still cool. Newborns don't generally kick blankets off, so it's not a problem. If you want to follow SIDS guidelines you would have to put baby in the woombie at the bottom of the cot (feet touching the end) and then put a blanket over that, tucked in and secure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wouldn't put a grobag over a woombie as I reckon it would/could ride up over the baby's face as bubs arms aren't through the arm holes in the grobag.

I'd just put more layers of clothing on bubs and if still concerned do what LG has said and put a blanket/sheet over bubs with feet touching the end of the cot - that's what I did with my dd and she was fine. She loved her Woombie and stayed in it til 8.5 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I tried this and the Grobag rode up over DD's face as her arms weren't in it to keep it down.

In winter I would wrap/swaddle DD in a muslin cloth, then zip her into the woombie, then tuck her in tight to blankets. She never moved far and I was doing this all through winter, so until she was 8 months old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally I found with winter pjs and a woombie, they were warm enough. You don't want to over heat.