+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Please help brown discharge at 8 weeks.

I noticed this afternoon when I wiped I had brown discharge only about the size of a 20cent piece and none since. I was already going to the doctor because I have pharyngitis sp? so i asked him about it. He doesn't seem worried but i have requested a scan. This is my 4th pregnancy with only one DD so naturally i am freaked out I was just hoping someone could give me there story wether good or bad I am hoping to get in for the scan tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had the same sort of spotting at around 7 or 8 weeks. My GP sent me for a scan and it was all fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I can understand how worried you must be. When I had a miscarriage it started off as brown blood but it quickly progressed to red....like within an hour or two. If your doctor wasnt too stressed I would just say to try and put your feet up and relax until your scan tomorrow. Its good that it hasnt progressed at all and you havent had anything since I also wanted to add that there are just countless stories on here and everywhere really, about women who have small and massive bleeds and still have a sticky bean so please don't give up hope just yet. Bleeding in pregnancy happens to many and I know that probably wont ease your mind or anything but know you arent alone I have everything crossed for your scan tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My thoughts are with you, I know how stressful it is when u've had previous losses. My last pregnancy I had red spotting towards the end of my first trimester, after losing 3 pregnancies previously, i harassed my OB until she saw me and gave me a scan - bub was fine and OB couldn't even tell me the reason for my spotting. DD is now 22 months and the cheekiest thing on 2 legs!

My current pregnancy I had a heavy red bleed at 11 weeks that lasted a few days, then another bleed with clots at 13 weeks. This time they said it was caused by a hematoma. I'm 22 weeks now and bubsicle is kicking up a storm

Try to stay positive. I know it's hard but try they say brown blood is old blood so you've got good reason to hope. As PP said, lots of women on here have experienced all manner of bleeding, and have had positive outcomes.

Good luck! Stay strong! Keep us posted

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had brownish bleeding and also bright pinkish bleeding with both successful pregnancies, lasting up until sixteen weeks, best wishes for you xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Good luck today, will be thinking of you

Sent from my U8510 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou all so much for your kind words and support. The discharge has gone at the moment but i am still nervous so I will be getting the scan done for piece of mind. I have a thyroid condition which has been the cause of my previous losses and that is now under control so I am really upset that something bad could be happening when I have done everything right. I will let you know what happens I just hope they will see me today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the same around 7-8 weeks and went for a scan and everything was fine, bub is due in 7.5 weeks!

Good luck, hope everything is OK.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Update

I am so excited I went for the scan and there was a beautiful little baby in there with a hb of 166. The sono looked around for any causes for the brown discharge but couldn't find any, she said everythinh looked really good. I am so happy thankyou to everyone who replied you are all wonderful.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LilMuffin For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (25-07-2012),cluckcluck  (25-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great news!!! So happy u got to see bubba

Hope the rest of your pregnancy is perfectly boring!