+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    {{hugs}} I feel for you so much because I have had these issues myself at various times and a lot of the time since my daughter was born.

The best things we did and a lot have been suggested already - is check that there is nothing reflux or colic related. We had this issue but it took a number of months before we got it diagnosed. Look at baby carriers so that you can keep bub close to you but still get around and do what you need to get done. Also we found a electronic swing was a lifesaver for us because she would happily let us put her down only in the swing while it was in motion so we could have a little break.

If bub has started solids could it be related to food intolerances? Another thing we are only finding out now - my daughter is now 2 - is it appears our ongoing issues may be a lot food related and we are currently being tested for various food intolerances such as gluten.

Also as suggested while trying to do things to help baby too, you also need to do things for yourself to keep your sanity. Unfortunately I didnt deal with our issues so well and ended up with post natal depression, but the best things that helped me have been taking time - out whenever possible eg when hubby is home or asking family/friends for a break when able. I got my DD into daycare one day a week which let me catch up on housework and all the other things I had to let slide during the week but also gave me that breather, saw a counsellor to help me manage my feelings about it all, and put into place meditation/relaxation techniques.

Also if you are in Perth (which I think you said you were) I can highly recommend a company called ClanWA. They are very similar to Ngala and run parenting courses but you can also have access to a parenting volunteer who can come to your house and assist you in looking at different ways to get through the tough times, basically brainstorm different techniques or age appropriate activities to do with the child, or helping with sleep issues etc etc. I have just finished having my parent helper with me after seeing her for about 8 weeks or so and it was a huge help for me.

Hope you might find some useful information in there, hang in there and hope things look up soon xx

dreadlockfairy is offline The best things in life.....aren't things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly it sounds like silent reflux. My daughter had it. She got distracted and was ok, but screamed and was unhappy the rest of the time because she was in pain. Please get it checked out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    Wow a lot of useful tips here....thanks all so much. I have had her on reflux meds before but after a month of no changes I was advised to take her off them. I was thinking reflux as when she is having her tantrums she arches her back and kicks herself backward. I an also a very anxious person and I understand that this is not ideal for my child either. the in home parent help sounds awesome but I am 140 km from the city so services are limited. I think I may have to go back to the doctors as I really feel completely over it

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree with PP who suggested seeing your GP. It's important to get some assistance for you and your bub soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by meesha87 View Post
    Hi all,
    Wow a lot of useful tips here....thanks all so much. I have had her on reflux meds before but after a month of no changes I was advised to take her off them.

Can I ask what the meds were? My daughter was put on gaviscon and made no difference. Then a high dose of zantac and she was still screaming, no difference. THEN we tried losec. For 2 weeks she was still screaming and then bang, at the beginnning of the 3rd week she was a happy child. The losec works straight away but the damage from the acid that had burned her inside took 2 weeks to heal. That is when we saw huge results.

Please pursue the reflux if you think she is in pain (arching back, etc).

Thanks
    Reviews
    She was on omeprazole I have booked in for her to see a chiro on Monday

Sent from my MB5e26 using BubHusee

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats losec yep. Did you try it for 2-3 weeks at least? There are many parents on this forum that also saw no results until being on it for a few weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah it was 4-5 Weeks easy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Your post sounds very much like me and my DS. He had silent reflux and the loser didn't work very well until we got a much higher dose, I had to take him to a different GP to my normal one and beg him but things improved - at around 7 or 8 months after dealing with an unsettled baby the whole time. Also, chiro helped.

I had PND also and was seriously sleep deprived. There were days I really didn't enjoy being a mum. Things got a million times easier after the reflux got sorted and also as DS got a little more independent and didn't need me constantly holding him - when he could crawl, etc. He is now 18 months and I absolutely LOVE motherhood and love my little man. It WILL get better but please seek help for you, and your baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks.
    I will keep you updated on how the chiro goes. If I continue having these negative feelings I will be going to the doctor as I scored 18 on the pnd questionnaire....I think that's high ??? Its just one foot in front of the other at the moment.