+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm sorry you are going through this. I know exactly how you feel.

My DD was exactly the same. I actually made a thread when she was about 10 months asking why she hated me. She is just 2 now an so much better!

She would do nothing but scream at me and have nothing but smiles and open arms for DP when he was on his days off. (he works away too)

All I can say is ask for as much help as you can. I didn't have anyone as we moved from Sydney to Perth when DD was 3 months.

You can PM me anytime if you want to vent. I will write more later about how I dealt with it. Satan has risen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Having a baby is really hard, even more so if you're doing solo half of the time. Little ones are very sensitive and tune into our moods and body language, as we do theirs. Maybe its a bit of a cycle with you both getting upset at each other because youre both a bit stressed out.
    Sounds like you need some regular mummy time out to refuel yourself so you can look after your LO

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big thanks to everyone. I know it will end one day just as you all would know in the moment its extremely stressful. I do ask for help and she does have sleepovers but I feel guilty as I feel like I'm dumping her. Thanks again xoxo
    Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by meesha87 View Post
    Hey I'm in WA we have something called ngala over here its a sleep centre..she sleeps at night just demanding during the day. Is
    it the same sort of thing ?
    yes probably same sort of thing, they can help you with day time sleep if she's upset because tired due to not getting naps during the day.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    *Hugs* just wanted to say i do feel a little bit of your frustration. I have a dd who's just about 6 months. She will be a lil angel to people in public but will scream and cry when home. She sleeps all night but refuses day sleeps and fights it even though she's exhausted. I have sometimes actually swaddled her to calm her down as she ends up choking from crying so much. I do get a lot of nice moments with her though too. Mainly as i ignore the housework and play with her instead. Sometimes i will sing random songs which keeps her distracted if i do have to do something else. If all else fails we go for a walk out the backyard to watch the dogs til she is calm.
    I really hope it gets better for you. Remember your lo does love you. She probably just gets very frustrated that she cant communicate what she wants.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ignore the housework as much as you can, and plan to do social stuff with her if it keeps her happy (and you more sane)! Reading time at the library, playgroup, window shopping, walking, sitting outside with toys, whatever you can do to just keep her happy. Do you have friends with kids? Just hang arou d them and their kids all day lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by meesha87 View Post
    Big thanks to everyone. I know it will end one day just as you all would know in the moment its extremely stressful. I do ask for help and she does have sleepovers but I feel guilty as I feel like I'm dumping her. Thanks again xoxo
    You are not dumping her. Remember, a relaxed and happy mummy makes a relaxed and happy baby. You need time to refuel.

Also I second what the PO said about forgetting house work. When bubs goes to your mum's or anywhere else, have a nice hot shower/bath, sit down, do nothing, sleep. And try when she comes home to think positively. (easier said than done I know) believe that she WILL go to sleep for you. She WON't scream at you.

I always thought the worst and because DD picked up on my stress, she wouldn't do anything happy.

Hugs. It is really hard when you feel like they hate you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Having a break is the best thing you can do..just take that time to enjoy the silence, it is quite lovely.
    Have you thought about using a sling? That way you can get things done and still carry her around? DD lived in her sling when she was a baby..she was a big screamer...another couple of things you could do is give her about 10ml of chamomile tea during the day, little bits here and there off of a spoon..that relaxes them a bit, and a nice bath and a massage.
    I would try to work to some routine, so you know what you are expecting during the day, and you can key in some time to get break. We all need it..babies are hard work, and they are lovely, but they are hard work.
    Did I mention they are hard work? haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would suggest maybe talking to your GP aswell, my brother had silent reflux when he was a baby which wasn't diagnosed until he was about 8 months old. He used to scream constantly unless mum or someone was holding him. Wasn't until she took him to her GP and dumped him on our GPs lap and said 'do something with him or I'm scared I will snap' that something actually got done.

You don't want to get to that point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    I would suggest maybe talking to your GP aswell, my brother had silent reflux when he was a baby which wasn't diagnosed until he was about 8 months old. He used to scream constantly unless mum or someone was holding him. Wasn't until she took him to her GP and dumped him on our GPs lap and said 'do something with him or I'm scared I will snap' that something actually got done.

You don't want to get to that point.
    I can't believe I didn't think of this. DD was a silent refluxer as is DS, it was crazy hard until we finally got a diagnosis and some meds. Before that, a friend suspected she had it and told us all the things to do like keeping them upright for atleast 1/2 hour after feeds, tilting the bassinet, sleeping over a cushion on tummy during the day.

All made a bit of a difference.