+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Can't f*****g stand it

Ever wanted a completely truthful thread. My dd is 7mo and I swear is the devil. When its just her and I she just screams and screams and screams since birth to not just a phase. If she is out and about she is happy as naturally coz everyone pays her attention. I am by myself all the time as my partner works away and as the title suggests I have had enough I feel like I'm in a nightmare everyday I wake up and think 12 more hours till she is in bed just 12 more house how can I entertain her for 12 hours gaaaahhhhh over it. Sorry needed a rant

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It's hard when your partner works away as you never get that physical support and break. My DH works away also and i have 2 little ones, some days it just feels like torture and i count down until bedtime, other days are not too bad.
    Is there somebody who take baby for a bit and give you a break?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    sounds really tough, just wanted to send your way!

when you say 12 hours till she's in bed again, do you mean she won't sleep during the day or do you just mean untill shes in bed for the night?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys she will sometimes nap but she is getting worse at that to. Like today she is tired but us fighting it screaming that bad she is frothing at the mouth. Mum is taking her for the afternoon and night on Sunday just feels like so far away

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hey I'm pretty sure my 3yo is the devil. I'd smash my head through the computer desk but it took us ages to find it.

I send you big and say its a lot closer to bed time now.

What do you do with her during the day? Is there anything she particularly enjoys that you can leave her to do while you just sit and chill? When my first was around 7/8months old she'd scream at me unless she listened to Vanilla Ice so that was my escape. I didn't do it too much so it didn't lose its effect, but it gave me four minutes rest between blow outs.

If she loves going out, can you go for a walk each morning or arvo and let her get her social on?

Again they get nicer. Except my 3yo. But again, I think she's evil.

(Not really. But maybe.)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aha that made me laugh she likes being outside I take her out all the time which is all well and good but it means apart from hanging washing out I don't get anything done and that only distracts her for a little while.

sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It will get better, i promise you. My DH was away for a large part of DD1's first year (6 months) and at times i thought i was going absolutely crazy - she wouldn't sleep and i'd spend all day holding her while she cried/screamed and was in tears so often thinking 'what the hell kind of life is this?' When DH returned i was so tired i literally had an emotional breakdown - but it did get so much better, it really did. Once they get that little bit older it gets so much easier, it's not far away.
    Just take it one day at a time, it helped me to tell myself that no baby cries forever and no baby stays awake forever, it's true and it kept me sane. Sunday feels far away now but it isn't that long, just hold on until then

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks mothersmilk she must have known I was at breaking point she just nodded off....now to feed the dogs make a coffee and eat my feelings haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Are you in Vic? If so I would recommend googling Masada Mothers Baby Unit and see if its a option that may work or you. It really saved my little families sanity and now I can actually enjoy being a mum...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey I'm in WA we have something called ngala over here its a sleep centre..she sleeps at night just demanding during the day. Is
    it the same sort of thing ?