+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We are in Vic and we have two classes of 30 kids each - cause people keep moving here and the school HAS to take them. They come purely to get into the zone for high school, which sucks, but is understandable. I just wish they would move earlier than grad six so that classes could be better planned and less crowded.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twotrunks View Post
    We are in Vic and we have two classes of 30 kids each - cause people keep moving here and the school HAS to take them. They come purely to get into the zone for high school, which sucks, but is understandable. I just wish they would move earlier than grad six so that classes could be better planned and less crowded.
    Back when I was in school... LOL.. Actually it was year 2, so 1992, half way through the year they had so many new kids show up, that a new teacher and classroom was made, 4 or 5 months into the school year!

20 years ago I realise, but surely they are not reinventing the wheel or anything?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MsImpatient For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (05-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twotrunks View Post
    That is pretty terrible. They really should make another class so 3 classes of 20. When Dd1 was in prep after a week they had 4 classes of 25 and they took 5 from each class and made 5 classes of 20. This is in QLD.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pina Colada For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (05-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    Honestly op.... Im not sure I'd want my child attending this school after all this. Just something to consider.

***Sent from my phone***
    Wow I just read all pages and would have to say I'd feel the same. Convenient or not I wouldn't send my child to a school that obviously did not want them there.

I would still report them to the education dept so they don't get away with this again though, just wouldn't send my child there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dawnygirl View Post
    To the poster who enquired as to why the poster left it so late to enrol - next year my eldest will start Kindy (NSW). I went to local zoned public school in April to get forms (I wanted to be organized, especially as I've never done this before!), and was told enrollment packs weren't made yet and come back in September! I went back 2 weeks ago, packs were ready and handed in all forms on a school tour this week. The office lady even commented about how organized I was so I dont think many other families have enrolled yet?!
    I teach in NSW and we were told at a staff meeting this morning that we have four children enrolled for kindy next year so far. We usually have three or four classes of around 20, but at least half of those turn up on the first day of school ready to start with no notice to us of their arrival. It's just how our community works, apparently.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelicOne View Post
    Update: I just received a call from school, requesting I attend a meeting with the principal on Monday afternoon. Progress!
    How did you go OP?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all - well I had meeting with principal on Monday, he was nice but refused to accept the fact that they should take her according to dept policy, or that they had done anything wrong in turning away so many local kids. However he did tell me someone had (luckily!) recently withdrawn their application so he could squeeze my child in if I still wanted the place!! So he has told me to take some time to think about it .. um, ok! I think even with all the issues this is still the best choice for my child and for our family, so I called this morning and left a message advising we would take the place offered. So (hopefully) a happy ending thanks to all who had messages of support, much appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm pleased it's worked out for you OP!!!

Was it a bicycle he was back peddling on???

11. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

ShanandBoc  (08-08-2012)

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow. Sounds like someone's on a power trip.

Good on you for contacting the dept and not taking this lying down. I wonder how many other complaints they've received about this guy/school but those parents have given up rather than pursue it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanandBoc View Post
    Oh no op that sucks. I never knew about this.

Anyone know what the deal is in SA? Would i need to put my DD down now?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    I am just enquiring about schools and kindy now and we are in seacombe heights i cant get into brighton primary its zoned, seacliff i could but they will be zoned soon and she may have to another primary should i put her in the kindy there now, i then found dover gardens kindy but then was told if that as seaview downs i closer to me and they have vancancies we have to go there, we are now looking into private schools.