+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    To the poster who enquired as to why the poster left it so late to enrol - next year my eldest will start Kindy (NSW). I went to local zoned public school in April to get forms (I wanted to be organized, especially as I've never done this before!), and was told enrollment packs weren't made yet and come back in September! I went back 2 weeks ago, packs were ready and handed in all forms on a school tour this week. The office lady even commented about how organized I was so I dont think many other families have enrolled yet?!
    Last edited by dawnygirl; 03-08-2012 at 07:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dawnygirl View Post
    To the poster who enquired as to why the poster left it so late to enrol - next year my eldest will start Kindy (NSW). I went to local zoned public school in April to get forms (I wanted to be organized, especially as I've never done this before!), and was told enrollment packs weren't made yet and come back in September! I went back 2 weeks ago, packs were ready and handed in all forms on a school tour this week. The office lady even commented about how organized I was so I dont think many other families have enrolled yet?!
    I'm in Vic and DS starts prep next year...he's not enrolled yet. I plan on enquiring this month. Given that our local state school has to take us (I'll find out exactly which one we are zoned for), I'm not stressing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How do you find out what zone or catchment you are in? (Victoria).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    I'm in Vic and DS starts prep next year...he's not enrolled yet. I plan on enquiring this month. Given that our local state school has to take us (I'll find out exactly which one we are zoned for), I'm not stressing.
    I didnt enroll DS until late October & a classmate of his wasn't enrolled till November. Neither of us had any problems.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i know of one or two schools in brisbane that lets you get the enrolment form in , in march!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I just had a call from dept of education, lady was so lovely. Told me they checkeastute distance of school from our as closest neighborhood school is defined as 'distance as the crow flies' and they have a computer which calculates all that. Def our closest, school has no 'ceiling cap' and can't just impose one because they feel like it. Said I should give school until lunchtime Monday to respond, otherwise she will deal with them on my behalf. I think there are a few other people who have made complaints about this particular school and their enrollment process this year, lots of unhappy parents in this area.
    So I shall relax and forget about it over the weekend thank you to all those who have taken time to write supportive comments, this crazy emotional pregnant woman really appreciates it!!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AngelicOne For This Useful Post:

mishh  (03-08-2012),missie_mackxxxx  (03-08-2012),MsImpatient  (03-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update: I just received a call from school, requesting I attend a meeting with the principal on Monday afternoon. Progress!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneDoe View Post
    What a sucky situation!

Is it maybe because you have left it so late to enroll? If she is due to start Term 1 why are you only enrolling now?

Im thinking they have probably offered places to parents who have had their children enrolled for much longer than yours - a first in best dressed situation?

If the school doesn't have a definite zone then they don't have to take your DD - zoned schools do have to take children within that zone but not all are specifically zoned!

My first DS was enrolled from around 2 years old and second DS was enrolled when DS1 started prep but as he was a sibling he was automatically taken it was more just a formality

I hope you can find a resolution soon!
    Im in Queensland and our public schools only started taking enrollment forms IN July.

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly op.... Im not sure I'd want my child attending this school after all this. Just something to consider.

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    You could always homeschool