+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lambjam - I don't know if I particularly need the bassinet? I really want a capsule this time, something I wished I had with DD rather than waking her when getting out of the car etc.. Just thought a bassinet would be an extra, unnecessary expense?

Is this a mistake? I've never had a capsule before so I don't know if it's okay to use in this fashion?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all your replies .. I've been using the strider plus so I'm somewhat used to pushing a wide pram, and a bulky, heavy fold.. But the donkey is wider than the strider (by a wheel width) and i was worried that extra width would cause problems.

I do love the steering tho, I test drove it in mono and found it sooooo easy to drive with 1 hand!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Black duck - wow babyshop.com is cheap! Do u get taxed though for buying that from overseas?
    Last edited by jo7; 25-07-2012 at 08:17.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jo7 View Post
    Lambjam - I don't know if I particularly need the bassinet? I really want a capsule this time, something I wished I had with DD rather than waking her when getting out of the car etc.. Just thought a bassinet would be an extra, unnecessary expense?
    It's not possible to buy it without the bassinet. Here's what you get:
    Mono: One frame plus covers for bassinet and seat (but because you only have one frame you can only use one at a time, ie bassinet OR seat).
    Duo: Two frames plus covers for one bassinet and two seats (because you have two frames you can use one bassinet and one seat at the same time, OR two seats).
    Twin: Two frames plus covers for two bassinets and two seats (because you have two frames you can combine these however you like ie two bassinets, one bassinet and one seat, or two seats).

So even if you buy the Mono you'll be buying a bassinet cover. If you want to put two children into the pram you will need two frames, which I would assume is cheaper to buy upfront.
    Last edited by lambjam; 25-07-2012 at 08:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackduck View Post
    It's 74cm wide so i have started measuring random doorways (my house, parents house, work etc) and have not found a door yet that it wouldn't fit through.
    Wow really? The one I've been cruising around looks massive.... maybe I've misjudged the width.

I've Google it - I stand corrected. sorry about that. Wow that's really narrow for a side by side.

I stand by my giant kids wouldn't fit in it long then. My 4 month old would be 8-9kgs already and jasper was over 18kgs before he was 2.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    Last edited by Boobycino; 25-07-2012 at 08:47.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The seats are a bit narrower than the Cameleon, but still quite roomy. DS3 is 3 in November and he'll fit for ages yet, I would guess at least another year (provided he chooses to stay in it that long!). Granted he's an small-average sized child, but that's still a lot of use.
    Last edited by lambjam; 25-07-2012 at 09:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have just ordered a Valco zee spark duo...same kind of idea - but $1000 less.
    Obviously without the bugaboo name though ( and pretty colours!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jo7- a friend has brought from baby shop and didn't get taxed. She has brought a Cam and Bee from there.

ScrambledPancakes - I looked at the Vee Spark Duo as well but it's only takes 1 capsule not 2 which didn't work for me having twins. Everything else about it ticked all the boxed for me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    As it is above $1000 you might get taxed at customs in aus. Or you might not.

They are expensive because the quality is second to none. I've owned bugaboos and valcos and I'm always impressed by the buga quality.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When my friend brought her Cam when they first came out she got a limited edition one so paid more than $1000 and wasn't taxed. I don't mind if I do, they wouldn't tax me more than $500 which would still make it cheaper than buying in Australia!