+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Bugaboo Donkey owners

Just wondering what u think of the donkey? It's a very big investment, but it ticks all the boxes for me, so I'm actually considering it.

Was it the best decision u made or do u regret buying it? What do u love about it? What do u hate about it? Does it fit standard doorways, like into shopping centre toilets, lifts etc

We're expecting no. 2 in November, and DD will be 2 yrs 2 mths then. I'm planning to buy the donkey mono (seat for DD) with a capsule adaptor for the maxi cosi car capsule (for new bub), then buy the extra seat when newbub has outgrown the capsule..

Oh and i want it in pink

Thanks
    Reviews
    Really? No one owns a donkey?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will hopefully be the owner of one soon. I have twins due in Jan next year and it looks like the best pram for me. I'm off to road test one on Friday at the local baby store. The only advice I have is that I found it heaps cheaper online on babyshop dot com. The twin version is going to cost me less ten $1500 inc shipping.

Would love to hear some feedback from a Donkey owner as well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    It won't fit through a standard doorway as a double, I think the seats only go up to 15 kgs - so that could be till 3-4 but for my babies that's 18 months max.

But it does have some impressive "pros". They look cool someone at jaspers old kindy had one for a boy and a girl so they had a pink and blue seats.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's 74cm wide so i have started measuring random doorways (my house, parents house, work etc) and have not found a door yet that it wouldn't fit through.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    It won't fit through a standard doorway as a double, I think the seats only go up to 15 kgs - so that could be till 3-4 but for my babies that's 18 months max.

But it does have some impressive "pros". They look cool someone at jaspers old kindy had one for a boy and a girl so they had a pink and blue seats.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    It fits through standard doorways. I haven't yet met a doorway I can't go through in double mode. It also takes up to 17kg in each seat as far as I'm aware.
    I love my donkey

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 4underfour For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (25-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok pros: light as a feather to push. Easily reversible seats.
    Large storage basket
    Goes from double to single easily.

Cons: heavy to lift
    Very bulky folded.
    I don't have to fold mine to get into my van (I make it single and just lift it in unfolded) but if I has to fold it every time I think it would annoy me.

The only other pram I'd consider would be the mountain buggy duet.

waitsee is offline “While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey, I have the donkey, had it since October last year, ds was just 2 and dd was 6 wks, I got it in duo mode and used the bassi for dd. We use it everyday for walking and ds nearly 3 now still fits well. dd is now in the seat and loves facing out

It folds easily into my hatch boot and I take it shopping or out when needed. I have no problem getting what I need, I fit into lifts etc. it drives well and the side basket is so useful

I love that I can slide it down and use as a single if ds wants to walk.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using BubHub

Sent from my GT-N7000B using BubHub
    Last edited by waitsee; 24-07-2012 at 22:40.

waitsee is offline “While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I will add I ordered mine through baby village and had it delivered, the price has come down too
    :thumbup:
    Last edited by waitsee; 24-07-2012 at 22:44.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I haven't yet found a doorway it doesn't fit through, although some aisles can be a bit squeezy and awkward.

I love it for walking around the suburb; I often walk the children to and from school and this is the main reason I bought it.

I'm not overly fond of taking it apart, putting it together, getting it in and out of the boot. TBH mine usually lives in the garage where it remains set up. I almost always use my Bee and Ergo when I go to the shops. However as DD gets bigger I plan to use it more.

The back tyres seem prone to punctures; I've had to replace the tubes in both and I don't go anywhere particularly off-roadish.

I love that it's side-by-side (I can't stand the thought of one child squeezed under the other) and I especially love that it's convertible; I couldn't bring myself to buy a side-by-side that I would have no use for after a year.

I also really love that DD can still face me while DS3 faces out, which we wouldn't be able to do with any other side-by-side pram.

HTH

ETA Why are you thinking of buying it in Mono mode? Wouldn't Duo be more suitable?
    Last edited by lambjam; 24-07-2012 at 22:54.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

waitsee  (24-07-2012)