+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default prep vic reading level

Hi, my son is in prep (vic ) and almost 6yrs old.. he is at level 2 reading still, the teacher sd by end of prep he will be higher, shes confident of that . at the moment he is the only one at level 2, they all moved up at the end of term 2, amazing how good some of them are. We read with him each night with his reader and you can see that he is trying etc,i also do rading one morning a week at school, and he is so eager to learn. the teacher at this stage is not concerned and thinks he is doing well in prep.. does anyone else have a preppy on this level, what can we do to get his reading level better, are there any sound books i can buy etc?

bel_aiden is offline Breastfeeding Disadvantages... None, except those perceived as inconvenience.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi! I have a preppy to, who is six. He is at a higher level, however when we spoke to his prep teacherm in victoria, they expect preps to be at "level 5" by the end of the year. your only half way through the year, and you are spending time with him reading, your both doing a great job!

when we read a book, we talk about whats on the page, what might happen etc, that helps ds1 if he gets stuck on a word, he'l look at the pictures again to see if that tells him what the word might be.

I will suggest reading eggs if you have access to a computer. they have a 5 week trial on at the moment for literacy month. if you google it, im sure you'l find the free code

i just really wanted to say that your doing an awsome thing reading to/with him every night and weekly at school

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah hes now on level 3. hes so impressed to.. checked out reading eggs, we are doin free trial, its great