+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    Why would it turn into a blood bath?
    I'm generally curious to try and grasp your point as I am obviously misinterpreting it?
    I think I opened a can of worms. I'm not judging people...I'm just sick of people putting each other down.

I am entitled though to in my own mind, decide whether or not I want to be a part of it. If they want to do that, that's fine.

I was recently in a circle where every second day there was a Tupperware or linen party. I couldn't attend because of other things I had on, but people were saying how it was uncomfortable, they felt pressured and that people were trying to out-spend, etc.

These were events where women would brag about their husbands earning whatever they earned, the latest and greatest toys they had, etc.

That's what I don't want to be a part of, and if that makes me judgemental, so be it. But I don't care what kind of money you make, or what kind of car you drive. If you give people a go, then it's all good.

I give people a go as well and go out of my way for people, but if it seems as though they just want somebody to compete with or try outdoing, etc, I'm gone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I can't read your first post obviously. But if you were asking if a lot mothers were *****y and competitive then I would have to say yes. Just start a thread about bfing vs ffing and watch the fireworks begin.

I have also come across mothers in mothers group who try and out do each other all the time, who has the best bugaboo. How terribly boring.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I get it Socrates hence why I have ZERO girlfriends. I found I was the only simple one in my group of friends. One girl use to ask me every time I saw her what label I was wearing. Ggrrrrrr once she even pointed out that my shoes were old and why I was still wearing them.
    I don't have a tennis court and a lap pool in my backyard like you do so why ask me.

One girl would call me to talk about the other girls every single day so I distanced myself fast.

Oh I do have a couple of friends from school but never see them. So I guess I shouldn't say ZERO I have a couple.

Socrates if they are to different just fizzle them out in a nice way. Best thing I ever did honey xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    I personally wouldn't want to be around you in case you decided that I was superficial because I was excited about the brand new awesome car we bought a few months ago. Sounds like you are very judgemental to anything that falls outside you "non-superficial" radar
    If you met me you would see how wrong that assumption of me is. But this is the internet and it's hard to read people. I'm sure we'd get on well.

What I meant was what I described in my last post, about that circle I was associated with. I don't think that sort of thing is nice.

Being excited about a new car or upcoming party is great. I get excited about that sort of thing, like any human being! But it's not what defines somebody. People often will try and identify with brand names, etc. But at the end of the day, that isn't who they really are. It's just something they do, it's just stuff they buy.

When people are constantly trying to outdo and identify with that sort of thing, that's what I refer to as superficial. I don't tell them that though. It just so happens that people like that and myself drift apart. As I'm sure has always happened with you, when it comes to people you're not on the same wavelength as.
    Last edited by Socrates79; 24-07-2012 at 15:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I can't read your first post obviously. But if you were asking if a lot mothers were *****y and competitive then I would have to say yes. Just start a thread about bfing vs ffing and watch the fireworks begin.

I have also come across mothers in mothers group who try and out do each other all the time, who has the best bugaboo. How terribly boring.
    I had this beebs .... gosh the pram thing honestly did my head in!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you know what? I totally get your point I really do and I agree. However I still think you could have worded your first post a little differently.
    Thank you for taking the time to explain to me in greater detail your point.
    Much appreciated.
    Good luck on your journey.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

Benji  (24-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think you just need to hang out with like minded people.....only spend time with people that have a positive not negative influence on you I agree money and material things arent that important to me but to some they are. Each to their own...i just leave them to it xx

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ShanandBoc For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (24-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post

Yes, this is totally what I mean!

Why can't people just be themselves? People aren't the label they wear, or the pram brand they own! I just think, "Nice that you have this or that, but how are you really doing today?"

It's amazing how people can open up when you actually display a GENUINE interest in them. People who understand what I'm saying here will get what I mean by that.

And I think most of you guys do. I'm not trying to cause a cat fight here. There's too much of that happening elsewhere!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    I get it Socrates hence why I have ZERO girlfriends. I found I was the only simple one in my group of friends. One girl use to ask me every time I saw her what label I was wearing. Ggrrrrrr once she even pointed out that my shoes were old and why I was still wearing them.
    I don't have a tennis court and a lap pool in my backyard like you do so why ask me.

One girl would call me to talk about the other girls every single day so I distanced myself fast.

Oh I do have a couple of friends from school but never see them. So I guess I shouldn't say ZERO I have a couple.

Socrates if they are to different just fizzle them out in a nice way. Best thing I ever did honey xx
    You definitely get what I mean!

You sound like a great person as well!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Socrates79 For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (24-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanandBoc View Post
    I think you just need to hang out with like minded people.....only spend time with people that have a positive not negative influence on you I agree money and material things arent that important to me but to some they are. Each to their own...i just leave them to it xx

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    I do, but I want to see how many other likeminded people there are out there.

It is frustrating at times when it seems as though it's just all dog eat dog.

My mantra with friends is quality, not quantity. When you get older, you definitely find that resonates.