I am new to this and really don't know what I expect to find at this stage, hopefully information at first, what to do, where to go, possibly more.
My Wife and I married October last year and prior to getting married about 3.5 years ago, she was admitted to hospital with severe stomach pains, doctors said appendix, and operated. They found a cyst the size of a tennis ball on her left Ovary. It was Cancer, and the worst kind at that, Clear Cell. The doctors thought it early enough but suggested we have IVF treatment first (Which we have 10 embryos), before chemo. Chemo went for 6 months, and after that all forecasts looked good. After we got engaged, built out house, and being 2 years into remission, began the process of readying ourselves for a baby after being told we can try naturally first up as the right ovary was still functioning fine.
On what we thought was our last visit to the doctor to get the all clear, gave us a massive whack, the last check up revealed the Cancer had returned, this was August last year. So, we again went through the process, chemo, radiation, marriage, delayed honeymoon due to treatment, but have finally emerged out the other side again with a good as prognosis as you can get with this horrible disease.
So, we are now at the stage, after letting the opportunity go the first time, looking at having a bub. We had a surrogate mother who was a friend of my sisters who worked in the IVF industry ready but her first checkup showed a prolapsed uterus, and therefore has ended our dreams.
Also due to the type of Cancer that my wife has, and the history of it in her family, we have been advised by doctors, that if we do find another surrogate or choose to go that way, we can legally pick the sex on medical grounds and that there are provisions for that in the laws now in Australia.
So, there it is, a Where to Start basically, what to do next.
Hopefully some of you can give me some insight