+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think it's strange at all ! I think not everyone has that closeness , some by choice , some not by choice , some because it's just not how their family is but I don't think it's strange. However I've found some people are abit taken aback by my closeness to my dad and sister if their family dynamic is different, where to us it's very normal .

I see both my dad and sister very regularly plus daily texts and phone calls, emails and convo's on words with friends etc . The bond I have with my father I cherish and is indescribable . The bond I have with my sister is just beautiful . I feel very lucky .

My mother is passed away that's why I haven't mentioned her . I am however very close to her sister (my aunty ) and her mum (my nan).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think it's weird at all either, my family are also my chosen friends, I love it that we are close. I have had a few of DH friends say "omg have you got another family function!!!" it really started to pee me off actually.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think it's weird just something that unfortunately doesn't happen to often.

I am very close to my mother. My dh family are cold and distant. I wish he had more close family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OJandMe View Post
    Same....

but we've lost the tolerance this year... and so basically aren't having much to do with any of them anymore (except DH's mum, who's a saint)
    Us too - we are moving interstate. We told them & they said we need the support of our family - pfft, they've visited twice since dd was born, poked at her & completely disrupted her then left. My friends have come & cuddled, done washing & washing up. I know who's support has been more helpful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    From the outside looking in people think we are... And I suppose we are in some ways. We always celebrate birthdays and are quick to help in a crisis but I have limited contact with my folks unless I initiate it (they are the same with my sisters too so it's not personal). For example I recently had an operation. My mum called post op briefly, MIL called twice that day and the night before to wish me luck. Then she dropped by next day with soup and flowers and regular texts/calls. I haven't spoken to my mum since post op call. She's just not as maternal as other mums and we don't always see eye to eye. But I'd be lost without her!

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm not close to my family at all really. No particular reason. My dad thinks I'm a lot like his (german) side of the family. Not prone to being clingy, independent, and fine without seeing family members for years if needs be.

I love them, I just don't have to speak to them or hear from them to not worry. The rest of my family think it's because I don't care. I do, I just trust them to be able to go about their lives without me having to check up on them all the time ^.^

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies girls. Guess it just depends in each different family. X

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How close are you to your family members

Its not weird its good to be close to family with kids.
    I was close to my family.till my they butted in when my ex left me decided to have ex at Christmas and other family events and had to supheana them to defend me by telling the truth when ex did a dvo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default How close are you to your family members

I think you are blessed.

.....And no not weird just lucky. I wish I had it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: How close are you to your family members

Not wierd but nice Im very close to my mum and my brother, SIL and nieces. I see one of my.cousins alot too

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub