+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think its wierd. It's not for me - my family like to think we're close but they are some of the most self centred people I've ever known so DP & I tolerate them but we don't particularly like them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I am not particularly close to my family. They live about 4 hours away, and I probably see my parents a few times a year, and my brother less. I don't really phone them much.

My partner is closer to his family so we see more of them. He would talk to his parents on the phone twice a week, his sister once a week and his brother maybe once every few weeks (none of them live close by).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's not weird I think you are very lucky. I would love that!

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by becandabub View Post
    I don't think its wierd. It's not for me - my family like to think we're close but they are some of the most self centred people I've ever known so DP & I tolerate them but we don't particularly like them.
    Same....

but we've lost the tolerance this year... and so basically aren't having much to do with any of them anymore (except DH's mum, who's a saint)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mum, see her probably one, twice a week. I'm not close to her though.

Dad , probably once every 6 weeks or two months. We get on well enough.

Sister ,lives in Melbourne. We get on but speak rarely. See her once a year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im very close to my family. We dont live in the same town anymore so i cant see them as much but i talk to my mum & dad or sisters everyday. We all have a strong bond.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not very. The contact I do have with them in more for DS's sake than mine. They're just people I have little in common with and we don't really get each other at all.

DF on the other hand is so close to his family that he actually put some space between him & them because I was starting to feel smothered by how involved in each others lives they all are!

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Not weird at all.

I'm very close to my family. I am especially close with my sister...I see her every day/second day and on the days we don't, we text *constantly*, along with emails and phone calls. I think I literally converse with her for at least some part of every hour

My father lives in the same city as us and I see him a few times a week and speak every day/every second day.

My mother lives up North and we speak every day or two and send several texts a day.
    Last edited by Witwicky; 24-07-2012 at 22:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DP is very close with his family, we live across the road from them (Everybody Loves Raymond style) so we see them regularly. When I lived at home my sister and I were very close, we still probably talk daily or so. Both my parents (divorced) only like 5 min drive away but I'm not THAT close with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very close, mum and dad , my sister and both SILs all live within a 5 k radius and i see them all a few times a week ( mum everyday) and my gorgeous brother lives in Melbourne but we see him regularly ( he is coming up to see me tomorrow as I just had a miscarriage) I would be lost without my family