+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How close are you to your family members

Ok I'm sure this has been done before but I was just told by a couple of friends that it is weird that I'm so close with my brothers. I have 3 one lives with me and the other two I talk to at least twice a week. But its just not them I'm close to parents Aunty/ uncles I talk to them all the time Everyone is saying its weird and I'm just trying to work out if it is

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It's not weird, but maybe it is for your friends because they don't have that with their family.
    I have no relationship with any of my family, at all.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Very close to my family. And the in-laws. I'm closer to SIL than DP is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have no relationship at all with my family (and like it that way).
    I don't think it is weird to be close with your family, DH is very close with this and calls/visits his parent and sisters regularly and can easily sit on the phone for an hour gas bagging to them. He also keeps in touch with Auntys/Uncles etc. This is something i really love about him and i love that i am now a part of this close family.
    Last edited by MothersMilk; 23-07-2012 at 17:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My family are very close - I lived with my brother for several years after we finished school and now I see or talk to him at least once a week. I also see my parents at least once a week and talk to them on the phone 3 or more times a week. DH is not so close with his family. We see his mum at least once a month but could go months without seeing his dad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I see my mum 5 times a week, she sleeps over 2 or 3 times a week. My dad I see maybe once a month even though him and mum are together. My sister and I ring each other at least 2 a day and facebook chat another a few times. My brother I talk to a few times a year.
    Dh family say they are close but only his dad rings and one sister occasion will talk to me on facebook. They don't ring dh for his birthday and it's our job to ring everyone at christmas (all 8 siblings)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am extremely close to 2 out of my 3 brothers. Unfortunately 1 lives in Switzerland and 1 lives in cairns (I live in nsw) but I talk to them via email/text/phone at least 3 times a week. If they lived closer I would see them every weekend. I see my mum 3 times a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I dont think it is weird at all! I am VERY close to my mum, dad, brother and sister. When i lived 30mins out of town i still saw them about twice a week, I email my sister every day, talk to mum every day, talk to my brother and dad when ever they are rostered off.

My extended family lives hours away so we dont talk to them so much but I still wouldnt say we arent a close extended family either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm not close to my family at all. I talk to my parents maybe once every two months. I chat maybe once a week briefly to my sister on FB or via texts. I haven't seen or spoken to my brother since my sisters wedding in October last year.

I see/speak to my MIL more than my own family. I think it is sad that I am not close to my family, but it was the way I was raised. It's the one thing I want to be different with my kids!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't have close relationships like that with my family, but I also don't think it's weird. I really hope my children are that close with me and eachother when they're grown ups