+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default True blood

Ok so I am way behind here. I only started reading the books last year. I am just on episode two of the first series. I love it! why haven't I made time sooner? I think I will have to make sure I am off sick tomorrow too totally addicted!

Just so you're prepared, don't expect the TV series to follow the books very closely. I read the books first, and was then varying degrees of disappointed, annoyed and p*ssed off at the things that changed in the TV show, and how they "Ruined" parts of it. The first few seasons were not too bad, but the recent ones I have actually stopped watching because of this.
    Others may not agree with me, but I think if a TV show or movie is based on a book(s), it should stick fairly close to the basic storyline and major character traits. No-one would like the Lord of the Rings movies if they turned Gandalf into an evil maniac, or made him really young looking or a woman etc. If fans of the book are watching, they expect certain things. I don't think it's possible or reasonable to be 100% word for word or anything, just that they should TRY.
    Sorry, that turned into a rant there I think.

Similar Threads

1. True Blood
    By Shananaaah in forum Movies / Music / Books / TV Chat
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 24-09-2012, 01:57
  2. True blood on iTunes
    By Jensha in forum Movies / Music / Books / TV Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17-05-2012, 20:33
  3. True blood season 4
    By iMischa in forum Movies / Music / Books / TV Chat
    Replies: 156