+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Arrears of CCB (child care benefit)?

Hi,

Does anyone know if (or even how) you get an arrears payment for Child care benefit. and is it included in your FTB arrears or do they pay it with my quarterly CCR?

We receive a very small amount of FTB which I got a lovely unexpected arrears payment for as I overestimated our income by $10,000. Then realised it would of affected my CCB/CCR also.

I understand that if I had received more CCB my out of pocket expenses wouldnt of been so high and *might* affect the CCR I have already receveid and therefore have a small overpayment of CCR but from my calculations we pay so much daycare that my out of pockets would of been well over the $7500 cap even with the correct CCB.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It all gets balanced out when you do your tax return and they get your actual taxable income. You don't get your quarterly CCR payment for the final quarter of the year (ie April - June) until you do your tax return. They then adjust it to make up for any over or underpayment in CCB and CCR through the year.

Hope that makes sense!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Shelle, I have submitted at our tax and received reconciliation/arrears of my family tax entitlement, I didnt know if that counted ALL arrears or if more arrears is coming when they do they CCR payments. From what you are saying, gather should there be any arrears from for my child care benefit it will come thru with my reconciled ccr/last quarter payment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you have access to online services at the family assistance website? That will show you the breakdown of the payment you received.

From memory last year I got my CCR/CCB arrears about 2 weeks before my FTB arrears, but I did my tax a bit later (August) so it might be that CCR hasn't been processed for this quarter yet and it's still coming to you. Hope so for your sake! Always nice to get an unexpected wad of cash.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Online services only mention family tax arrears, although there were 4 different breakdowns (if that makes sense!). I usually receive my CCR right at the end of their payment cycle so am not expecting that til later in August! lol!

As its now my only payment from centrelink I might just keep an eye on my 'next payment' tab on my online services and see if it updates.

It was a very pleasant surprise thats for sure!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    According to the FAO website, the reconciliation for CCR/CCB was only due to start this week, so would not have been included in the supps/arrears you have already received. I have been told it will be automatically done sometime within the next 2 weeks for those that have submitted their tax returns (as you have). Mine's not showing yet, but it's only 2 days in

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dawnygirl For This Useful Post:

Uh-Oh  (24-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dawnygirl View Post
    According to the FAO website, the reconciliation for CCR/CCB was only due to start this week, so would not have been included in the supps/arrears you have already received. I have been told it will be automatically done sometime within the next 2 weeks for those that have submitted their tax returns (as you have). Mine's not showing yet, but it's only 2 days in
    Thank you! for the life of me I couldnt find the processing dates on their website - which I have been to a million times before! I'm blaming pregnany/baby brain !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My CCB/CCR arrears are showing this morning for payment on Tuesday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    My ccr was paid seperately to the supps. Got the ccr this week and won't get supps til next week.
    I seem to end up with a debt every year. I over estimate, pay too much, get too much back then have a ccr debt to pay back. This year wasn't too bad though. They just took half of my last rebate.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was wondering this too. I have received my supps and tax return but no CCB or CCR. I overestimated too so hoping to get some more $$$ back