+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC #1 - Very Impatient!!

Hi Ladies

Who else has just gone off BC in the last few months.....how badly did it mess with your cycles?

I had my last AF on 17th June......and only got a positive OPK yesterday! which would have made it CD35!!!! I haven't heard good things about 'late ovulation' so I wasn't sure...

Anyway....obviously lastnight would have been the best time to dtd but DH got sent to nightshift work....so tonight is the night! I took another OPK not that long ago and it was still a bit darker then faint....so hopefully O makes it's appearance soon!!

Baby dust to all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi!!The pill is notorious for messing with your cycles. I have read about so many people saying the same thing (all though some lucky people go back to normal straight away!) My best friend just went off the pill. She's not ttc and went straight back to normal. Murphy's law!! I went off the pill in mid-Nov. Since then I have had two natural periods. One in April and one 45 days later in May. I'm currently on cd60 I think (I've kind of stopped counting). I gave up on OPKs about 2 weeks ago, so who knows if I've ovulated yet or not. I hope this month is your month!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I stopped at the end of march. I got pretty lucky and have had between 24 and 28 day cycles since. Before the pill I was always 28 days. I seem to have settled into 24 days now. I feel normal again now, getting all the right pains. AF has been a lot lighter since stopping

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi, I'm in the same boat, went off bc 6thJune, then had withdrawal bleed June 9th then never got af until July 14, so have no idea when ill ovulate, have been doing ovulation tests and on day 10 they looked positive and maybe baby test which say positive for the last 3 days so I have no idea what's going on with my cycles

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I came off the pill in April, I was a pill abuser lol as in I keep taking it without taking the sugar pills in between so I would go 4 or 5 months without having Af!
    My cycles are now between 29-32 days now do that's pretty good considering!!
    I took us a year to fall pregnant with DD and I was an pill abuser before that too... Obviously I don't learn quickly lol. Just hope it doesn't take a year this time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocciequeen View Post
    I came off the pill in April, I was a pill abuser lol as in I keep taking it without taking the sugar pills in between so I would go 4 or 5 months without having Af!
    My cycles are now between 29-32 days now do that's pretty good considering!!
    I took us a year to fall pregnant with DD and I was an pill abuser before that too... Obviously I don't learn quickly lol. Just hope it doesn't take a year this time!
    I tried going months and months without taking the sugar pills, but if I tried 2 months in a row, my body would rebel and I'd spot for a couple of weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    I tried going months and months without taking the sugar pills, but if I tried 2 months in a row, my body would rebel and I'd spot for a couple of weeks.
    After DD I had to go on a stronger pill as I was having break through bleeding halfway through cycle so once I was on that pill I didn't have a worry!! Lol terrible!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to take a whole box (3 packets) before taking sugar pills. If I waited any longer than that I'd get breakthrough bleeding. My AF is also a lot lighter since I went off the pill. Also, for the two periods I've had, i haven't had any pain at all. My periods while on the pill were quite painful! It's weird, because i thought it was meant to have the opposite affect. I've had all the blood tests and apparently everything is normal. It's just the waiting game now.