+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bottle first or solids?

My paediatrician has recommended that my ds start solids at 4 months. I will probably wait until 4.5 - 5 months like I did with my daughter. But he also said to do solids first then bottle when I did bottle/solids with my dd.
    Who gives solids first and then bottle? Also can somebody recommend a good feeding routine? My ds is currently in a good feeding pattern- 7am bottle, 11-11.30 bottle, 3-3.30 bottle, 7 -8 last bottle what times should I be feeding solids?

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I always did solids then milk feed, otherwise they would fill up on the milk and not be interested in the solids.

I started offering solids at lunch time I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Under 8/9mths it's milk before solids as milk is more calorie rich and nutritious than solids. I did milk before solids till 1yo as "food is fun before 1".

I offered food at brekky first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started with milk first and I'm now starting to slowly switch to solids first (DS is 10 months. I would also stick with your current milk routine and offer the solids at least 30 mins afterwards. Maybe start with a little solids after the 11am bottle and see how that goes, then increase to 2 then 3 meals a day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    Under 8/9mths it's milk before solids as milk is more calorie rich and nutritious than solids. I did milk before solids till 1yo as "food is fun before 1".

I offered food at brekky first.
    I agree ^^^
    However I did milk first until around 8/9 months then slowly started to drop milk feeds from 9/10m.

Maybe try solids 30-45min after milk feeds?

Why did pead recommend solids first from that early?

Ps: with ds1 I received heaps of info from my health nurse regarding how many feeds etc.
    Last edited by 2BlueBirds; 26-07-2012 at 10:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD is 5months 1week, and we started solids about 2 weeks ago.

She gets up at 6 and has a bottle, then she has Farex at around 9 before having another bottle then going down for her morning sleep.

Soon we will start with finger foods at lunch (if she is interested!) xx