+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default If you lived in a rental and...

Your hot water system was playing up and you mentioned it to the real estate agent on the 24 th and two weeks later you had to ring them. They then send a plumber out the next day .

He says it's had it and the house needs a new one, this is we'd. He says he will be back thur or fri to put the new one in. Thur and fri pass , no word from anyone.

Mon morning, today I contact him. He says he rang the real estate agent with the quote and has not heard back so he has done all he can do.

Thoughts.? I have rented many times and do not understand why things always have to be a big drama. I pay my rent , why do they have to be so disrespectful..?

I am tired of being treated this way. Having to go to mums every night for showers is starting to become annoying.

I think I will ring them and tell them they have 48 hours to act or I'm breaching the agency..

drewid is offline Meet the amazing boy who falls asleep with a sandwich in his mouth!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    call the RE and ask what the go is, and if you're unhappy with their response, tell them you'll have no choice but to breach them. it's your right to do so.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hot water is an essential service, so they HAVE to get it fixed asap. There is a notice you can give them and they have to act on it. I used to work in real estate but I've forgotten which one it is. Contact Consumer Affairs in your state, they should be able to direct you to the proper form to fill in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I have put up with this kind of thing from landlords for years. Last time our shower leaked through to our bedroom, meaning we actually had to move out of our bedroom, they blamed it on us and left it.

Basically I lost my sh!t at them and said I will be moving elsewhere if it isn't fixed and they had a tiler out the next day and now they fix things as soon as they are faulty

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just do t understand why they have to be like this though?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    I just do t understand why they have to be like this though?
    I think because they don't want to pay for it sadly

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I think because they don't want to pay for it sadly
    And simply because they can I'd be calling the RE.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just rang them and spoke to someone else and she said she would look into it and get back to me. Sigh. Over it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    I just rang them and spoke to someone else and she said she would look into it and get back to me. Sigh. Over it.
    Is there a tenants tribunal you can contact? They might be able to help you fill in the necessary form you need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They rang back and it's getting fixed tomorrow! Yay!

It sucks that you have to ring and harass them though.