+ Reply to Thread
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default 3yo having frequent minor 'accidents' - will she grow out of it? or GP?

DD2 is fully TT since last christmas and turned 3 in march. We were doing fine for ages but for the last couple of months she is constantly wetting, sometimes just enough to wet her undies, sometimes enough to warrant a full change of the bottom half and occasionally a full wet (but she says that's ok cos 'if it runs down my legs Mummy my shoes will catch it' !!!) . Occasionally its even a #2 accident, usually just a little bit on her undies.

Sometimes she will obviously have a full bladder but often she will have been to the loo too recently to be full. Its like she doesn't have the strength or capacity to squeeze her pelvic muscles to stop it. I don't know if its an age thing or something is wrong? Can a GP even check something like that?

I'm getting a bit worried about her, and also getting a bit frustrated, its only lunchtime and we have already been through 4 undies and 2 sets of bottoms.

She doesn't get the least bit upset about it. I'm trying to reward dry undies with stars, enough stars = a treat, but we're not getting very far and the washing pile is growing by the hour help!!
    Last edited by Gothel; 23-07-2012 at 12:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    IMO I would say its a phase she's going through and being only 3 I wouldn't be concerned.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    my 6 year old has been doing this and its driving me crazy - as it would happen at school and i really didn't want her to get teased about it.

i finally figured out she is wetting more when constipated so i have been giving her 1 teaspoon of benefibre in her juice in the mornings and she seems to have been getting better. she is also going to the loo as soon as she feels the urge and i have been getting her to sit on it for a little longer (she counts to 15 in her head) then tries to wee a little more. so far so good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD is nearly 3yo and has been fully TT since summer and since her little brother was born 3m ago she's been having accidents too. Have there been any big changes in DD's life recently?