+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneDoe View Post
    DH leaves house 745am returns home between 4-5pm, no weekend work!

I work 3-11pm two times a week, kids take school bus to DH work those nights.

After reading this thread I am grateful for how lucky I have it - DH and I equally share morning routine and night routine if I'm not working.

How do you and your kids cope all the hours some of your DHs are away from the house?!

I would imagine some DHs are gone before kids up, home when they asleep or going to bed? Where's the time for quality time with you / the kids?
    Unless he is exceptionally busy he shares the night time routine and puts DD to bed while I cook or relax.

Frankly, we are all happier if he isn't around for the morning routine. He's a perky morning person and DD and I aren't so we like to wake up slowly. He goes out and gets me a coffee before he leaves and that's the best thing he could do for our routine

We get plenty of quality time as a family and he loves what he does so it works really well. If he hated it or I wasn't coping we'd rejig.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi OP here!!
    Hubby is self employed and does long hours six days a week. I was telling him how I wish we spent more time together as a family like most people do and he said most dads work as many hours as him, seems he's right, I hate being wrong!!!
    I also said Id like more help at home and time out from the kids but seems theres a lot of other mummas in the same boat...
    Oh well, worth a try
    Last edited by AllYouNeedIsLove; 24-07-2012 at 15:00.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AllYouNeedIsLove For This Useful Post:

86cin  (24-07-2012),Ffrenchknickers  (24-07-2012),Witwicky  (24-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm tempted to show this thread to MY DH, to show him how much harder most other Dad's work than he does.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alarms off at 5, leaves at 5:30, starts at 6. Finishes at 5:30 and is home by 6.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AllYouNeedIsLove View Post
    Hi OP here!!
    Hubby is self employed and does long hours six days a week. I was telling him how I wish we spent more time together as a family like most people do and he said most dads work as many hours as him, seems he's right, I hate being wrong!!!
    I also said Id like more help at home and time out from the kids but seems theres a lot of other mummas in the same boat...
    Oh well, worth a try
    It's tough being self employed. It's always hard to say no to work just in case it dries up.

Maybe encourage him to find a different balance that works better for all of you? Even if he doesn't work less, he works differently if he can?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (24-07-2012)